UBM Canon's Design News Announces the Annual Golden Mousetrap Awards Winners
ANAHEIM, Calif., Feb. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At an awards ceremony on February 12th in conjunction with the Pacific Design & Manufacturing and Medical Device and Manufacturing (MD&M), UBM Canon announced the winners of the Design News Annual Golden Mousetrap awards competition, which honors innovation in the development of new products in automation, electronics, materials, and design tools. Design News is the premier technical resource for design engineers throughout the manufacturing sector. This annual awards program has been in place since 2003.
"We saw exceptional submissions of cutting-edge design ideas for design engineers submitted to the program this year," said Jennifer Campbell, Executive Editor, Design News, UBM Canon. "It was a challenge for us to select one winner in each category. We congratulate the winners on their innovations and their achievement."
The Golden Mousetrap Awards feature four returning categories plus one new category that recognizes the changing landscape of the design engineering industry.
"We are delighted to be named one of the winners of the prestigious Golden Mousetrap Award," said Mr Jay McKenna, Global Business Manager of PennEngineering "With an innovative engineering team combining R&D, industrial design, and logistics, we are proud to be playing a leading role in driving the Material and assembly category."
The Golden Mousetrap Awards winners include:
Electronics & Test
- Components, Hardware & Interconnects - Analog Devices
- Embedded Computing/Processing - Logic PD
- Analog/Power Management/Control – Vishay Intertechnology
- Test & Measurement - Tektronix
- Wireless Components - Nordic Semiconductor
Automation & Control
- Controllers - Siemens Industry Inc.
- Drives - ADVANCED Motion Controls
- Fluid Power Technologies - Bosch Rexroth
- Industrial Network Technologies (e.g., I/O, Ethernet, Wireless) - B&B Electronics
- Motors and Mechanical Motion Devices - Lenze Americas
- Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices - Analog Devices Inc.
Design Tools: Hardware & Software
- Analysis and Calculation Software - Texas Instruments
- CAD /PDM/PLM Software - Infinite Z Inc.
- Peripherals (e.g., 3D mice, monitors, haptic devices, virtual reality add-ons) - 3Dconnexion
Materials & Assembly
- Engineering Plastics - SABIC's Innovative Plastics Business
- Fastening, Joining and Assembly Components - PennEngineering
- Materials Processing - Nordson EFD
- Rapid Prototyping Materials, Tools and Services - Stratasys
- Electronics - Renesas Electronics America
- Mechanical - SABIC's Innovative Plastics Business
"Golden Mousetrap Award is a prestigious award for our industry," said Mr Kevin Gingerich, Marketing Communications Manager of Bosch Rexroth. "This is an opportunity to both recognize and encourage individuals who have made a significant difference in the advancement of Automation & Control technology."
The awards program was judged by Design News' editors, as well as the Design News Advisory Board, which includes thought leaders from the design engineering industry.
The Golden Mousetrap winners will be featured in the February 2013 issue of Design News. The Winner list!
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon, the leading B2B media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices , pharmaceutical development and Design News. UBM Canon also addresses cutting-edge developments in broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing, and manufacturing processes and packaging. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
SOURCE UBM Canon
More by this Source
Gadget Freak of the Year: the Winner Is...
Dec 19, 2013, 08:04 ET
New 2 Hour Educational Learning Labs at MD&M West Will Feature Baxter Bioscience, BMW, Dell, GE Healthcare, Mattel, Northrup Grumman, Starbucks and Other Leading Groups in Design, Manufacturing, Engineering and Automation
Dec 19, 2013, 11:00 ET
Pharmapack North America Issues a Call for Papers
Dec 06, 2013, 15:11 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.