UBM Electronics' Design News Named One of the "10 Great Media Websites" by BtoB's Media Business
Design News is an 'Always On' Globally Accessible Online Design Community
SAN FRANCISCO, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the design engineering and electronics industry's decision makers, today announced that Design News (DesignNews.com) is one of the '10 Great Media Web Sites' by BtoB's Media Business in the "Tech" category.
UBM Electronics re-launched the new Design News website in June 2011 in conjunction with UBM DeusM, the integrated marketing services arm of UBM.
For 65+ years, Design News has served as the premier technical resource for design engineers throughout the manufacturing sector. Design News is a community site for systems level design engineers, electromechanical engineers, and engineers of all disciplines. Its editorial focuses on how engineers apply technology in end applications through case studies, how-to content, end-user examples, and community generated content.
Rich Nass, Brand Director, Design News, said, "Design News has a rich history with the design engineering community. We've created a community site to serve the 21st century design engineer and help them to do their jobs better. This honor is a testament to the hard work of the site's redesign; Karen Field and Alexander Wolfe drove the content vision, and Chris Williams spearheaded the new technology platform. We've also been honored alongside many well-known brands in the media marketplace such as the Financial Times, Forbes, and The American Lawyer. Congratulations to the entire Design News team."
The website brings the audience into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs, and social media, giving users equal share of voice with content experts. With a streamlined design, contextual navigation, and sponsored educational materials, Design News guides design engineers to the information they need, creating an opportunity for the community to collaborate, share ideas, and experiences. In addition, DesignNews.com delivers a full suite of multimedia content, including video and audio, and enables a deeper level of engagement by design engineers.
"The way our audiences are consuming media is changing, and we are evolving our offering to serve these changing demands. We worked with UBM Electronics to create an 'always on' globally accessible online design community that facilitates industry dialogue and drives technology sales. In addition to streamlined design, contextual navigation, and sponsored educational materials the site delivers a full suite of multimedia content including video and audio and enables a deeper level of engagement," added, Stephen Saunders, Managing Director, DeusM.
Design News' content is a unique combination of high-quality editorial, case studies, how-to articles, and user-generated content. The six main sections of the website cover the following topics of interest to design engineers:
- Automation & Control – Motors, Drivers, Controllers, Actuators, Sensors and Vision Systems, HMIs, Networks, I/O Slides, Bearings, Robotics, Motion Control, Machine Control, Fluid Power, and Power Transmission
- Design Software & Hardware – CAD/CAM/CAE, PLM, PDM, Evaluation, Modeling and Simulation Hardware and Software and Related Peripherals
- Electronics & Test – ICs, Power Management, Power Supplies, LED, LCD, DSPs, Sensors, MCUs, IP&E, other Electrical/Electronic Components, and Test Equipment
- Materials & Assembly – Metals, Alloys, Plastics, Elastomers, Rubber, Prototyping Tools and Systems, Coatings, Fasteners, and Joining Technologies
- Mechatronics Zone – Integration of Mechanical, Electronics, Control Systems, and Software
- Product Showcase – Complete, up-to-date information on new products and technologies for design engineers
Over the past year Design News has launched new features to entertain and educate its audience:
- Design News Radio offers key news and information on demand to listeners.
- Digi-Key Continuing Education Center is a free virtual training service created exclusively for electronic, design and test engineers. The program was designed by Design News and is sponsored by Digi-Key. These courses allow engineers to build their knowledge, get current with knowledge, and network with peers and thought leaders.
- A tablet edition of Design News was introduced on February 1, 2012 allowing a dive deeper into the core technology features on automation and control, materials and assembly, CAD/CAE, and electronics.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for design engineering and the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to www.ubmelectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, and in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UBM Electronics
More by this Source
DesignCon 2013 Post-Show Report
Feb 05, 2013, 17:55 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.