UBM Electronics EDN.com's Community-Driven Network Grows 64 Percent
Strong Content, New Blogs and Website Launch Drove Traffic Growth
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the design engineering and electronics industry's decision makers, today announced EDN.com, an online community-driven network designed for electronics design engineers, developers, and industry-related management, has grown 64 percent in online traffic due to strong content, new blogs and a new website.
"The growth of EDN.com highlights the essential need for a community-driven network for electronics design engineers, developers, and industry-related management. Through proven social networking technologies, mentoring, and education, EDN.com provides engineers with the information, interaction, and peer-to-peer resources they need to bring new technologies and designs to market," said Patrick Mannion , Brand Director, EDN, Test & Measurement World, and Embedded.com at UBM Electronics. "EDN.com is an integral part of our business' strategic growth plan that reinforces putting the users first as we expand our reach, services and ecommerce capabilities. In truth we've only just scratched the surface with the relaunch, as successful as it is. We're even more excited about what's just around the corner."
EDN provides users with in-depth technical and how-to information and technology updates as well as learning, design tools, networking, mentoring and peer-to-peer knowledge sharing, and discussion opportunities.
Key components of EDN.com include:
- Home Page highlights newly added expert content, blogs, and the latest posts from EDN's Facebook and Twitter content as well as top discussions, videos and comments from the EDN.com community.
- Design Centers pull together all the various information and discussions from across EDN that are tied to that design center's focus, whether it be, Analog; Automotive; Communications & Networking; Components & Packaging; Consumer; DIY (Do It Yourself); IC Design; LEDs; Medical; Power Management; Sensors; Systems Design; or Test & Measurement. Each Design Center community is led by an EDN editor.
- Tools & Learning showcases products, development kits, design tools, teardowns, courses, videos, webinars, tech papers, and the Knowledge Center.
- Community cultivates deeper engagement and interaction among members. Community features include: Design Ideas; Tales from the Cube; Expert Q&As; My Profile where users can share information about themselves, post their photo, and track their activity, including their own articles, discussions, and comments; People and Discussions I'm Following where peers, editorial, and discussions can be followed; My Library where users can view content they have bookmarked, saved, and followed; and My Tools where engineers can tag tools they like from EDN's chosen list.
- EDN Vault offers Design Idea collections; Teardown collections and analyses; Hot Topics where content focuses around a trending topic area; and a robust library of EDN issues to date in Magazine Archives.
The site also incorporates data from DataSheets.com (www.datasheets.com), a website created for design engineers and electronics purchasing professionals to quickly and easily find electronics parts and inventory.
For additional information regarding EDN, visit EDN.com or contact Patrick Mannion at email@example.com or visit Mannion's EDN profile at http://www.edn.com/user/patrick.mannion. Marketers interested in advertising or partnership opportunities, should contact Jim Dempsey , Western Sales Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Adobe Site Catalyst, June 1-19, 2012 as compared to July 1-19, 2012.
EDN.com is an online community designed for electronics design engineers, developers, and industry-related management. EDN.com provides engineers with the technology trends and design-how-to information they need to keep pace in this fast-paced environment, as well as the networking, contacts, mentoring, and peer-to-peer knowledge opportunities needed to take an idea from concept to reality.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for design engineering and the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to www.ubmelectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
UBM plc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, and in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,634 staff in more than 31 countries are organized into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman , Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics
More by this Source
DesignCon 2013 Post-Show Report
Feb 05, 2013, 17:55 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.