FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech Channel's CRN today announced the 2013 Data Center 100. This annual list recognizes technology vendors for powering, supporting and protecting today's data center services in an environmentally and economically friendly manner, while boosting efficiency and productivity. The editors at CRN developed the Data Center 100 to help IT executives navigate the marketplace and identify the top companies and solutions across the data center to best meet their needs.
New this year, the Data Center 100 list is broken up into five categories, each including 20 companies which represent the opportunities available for solution providers in the data center business.
The five categories include:
- Infrastructure – The companies which provide the hardware upon which data center computing, storage, networking, and power and cooling infrastructures are built.
- Data Center Tools -- These companies develop software tools for monitoring and managing operations within the data center.
- Data Center Services Providers -- These are some of the companies who offer cloud, colocation, software, storage, computing, and other data center resources to customers who prefer to consume these resources on an opex, not a capex, basis.
- Data Center Designers & Builders -- This includes companies who design part or all of the data center, from the power and cooling infrastructure to the building itself, as well as companies who do the actual construction work.
- Virtualization Vendors -- The key to taking advantage of data centers in a services-centric or cloud-centric world is to have virtualized resources handy, and these are some of the companies who help virtualize those resources.
"The 2013 Data Center 100 list recognizes vendors that, over the course of 2012, have shown a dedication to the innovation and advancement of today's data center services," said Kelley Damore, Senior Vice President and Editorial Director for CRN. "The recent upsurge in cloud computing has solution providers searching for new ways to ensure their clients maintain connectivity while mitigating costs and security threats. We congratulate each vendor on the 2013 Data Center 100 list for providing a significant growth opportunity for solution providers to build their business by offering cutting-edge products and services to customers."
The 2013 Data Center 100 list is featured in the January issue of CRN Magazine and will also be featured online at www.crn.com.
About UBM Tech Channel
UBM Tech Channel, a UBM company, is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With more than 30 years of experience and engagement, UBM Tech Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives, managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. To learn more about UBM Tech Channel, visit us at http://www.ubmchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/UBMTechChannel .
About UBM llc
UBM llc is a leading global business media company. We inform markets and bring the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print and provide them with the information they need to do business successfully. We focus on serving professional commercial communities, from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewellery traders, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. Our 6,000 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, visit www.ubm.com.
SOURCE UBM Channel