SAN FRANCISCO, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night at an awards ceremony, UBM Tech's EE Times and EDN, which connects the electronics engineering community with essential business and technical insight, announced the winners of the 2014 ACE (Annual Creativity in Electronics) Awards. The awards program honors the people and companies behind the technologies and products that are changing the world. The awards ceremony took place during EE Live! 2014, the industry's largest and most comprehensive electronics technology conference and expo in the United States.
"We are continually amazed at the level of creativity in the design, innovation and technology exemplified by these award winners," said Patrick Mannion, VP, Brand Director, UBM Tech Electronics. "As UBM has moved toward a community model, so too has our ACE Awards. This year we've expanded our categories to recognize more facets of the electronics community including marketing, on-going efforts to inspire future generations and acknowledging editors and journalists that have chronicled the history of our industry over the last 60 years. Together, the impact of all these facets will resonate for years to come. We congratulate and thank not only the winners but all of this year's nominees."
Following are the 2014 ACE Awards winners:
- Company of the Year: Aquantia
- Design Team of the Year, presented by IDT: Altera Corporation; Micron Technology, HMC Stratix V Interoperability Team
- Executive of the Year: Lisa Su, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Business Units, Advanced Micro Devices
- Energy Technology Award: Rambus Inc., A19 LED Bulb
- Innovator of the Year, presented by Avnet Electronics Marketing: David Anderson, CEO and President, Novati Technologies
- Internet of Things Technology, Service or End Application of the Year: Qualcomm Connected Experiences, Inc., Qualcomm AllPlay™ Smart Media Platform
- Marketing Team of the Year:
- Winner: TE Connectivity Marketing Team: "Let's Create Something Brilliant Together"
- Honorable Mention: ProSoft Technology Commercial Marketing Team, ProSoft Technology Inc.
- Open Source Hardware Platform or Application of the Year: BeagleBoard.org, BeagleBone Black
- STEM Impact Award, presented by the ECIA Foundation: National Instruments
- Ultimate Products, presented by Mouser Electronics (in the following categories):
- Analog ICs: Texas Instruments, LDC1000 Inductance-to-Digital Converter
- Development Kits: CSR, CSR uEnergy® Starter Development Kit DK-CSR1010-10169
- LEDs and Lighting: Texas Instruments, Floating Switch Architecture (TPS92411)
- Logic/Interface/Memory: IDT 8T49N28x, Universal Frequency Translator (UFT) family
- Passives, Interconnects and Electromechanical: Harwin Inc, Gecko hi-rel 1.25mm connector system
- Power: Linear Technology, LT8614 Silent Switcher Regulator
- Processors (FPGAs, MCUs, Microprocessors): Freescale Semiconductor, Kinetis KL02 CSP, MKL02Z32CAF4R
- Reference Designs: Texas Instruments, Smart Data Concentrator
- Sensors: Silicon Labs, Si701x/2x Relative Humidity and Temperature Sensors
- Software: Altera Corporation, Altera SDK for OpenCL
- Test and Measurement Systems and Boards: Agilent Technologies, Agilent U5303A PCIe 12-bit High-Speed Digitizer with On-Board Signal Processing
- Wireless/RF: Analog Devices, AD9361 RF Agile Transceive
- Jim Williams Contributor of the Year, presented by Linear Technology: Jack Ganssle
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ken Smith and Laura Fujino
A new category added this year is the Colin Holland Memorial Tech Journalist of the Year Award presented by Power Integrations. The award is being given to Colin Holland in memoriam. Holland was a long-time electronics-industry journalist who also played a leading role in organizing the technical programs of several high-profile UBM Tech, Electronics conferences.
IEEE Spectrum Awards Winners
- IEEE Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society: Luvata
- IEEE Spectrum Emerging Technology Award: Oculus
A panel of EE Times and EDN editors as well as independent judges chose the finalists and winners. For the STEM Impact Award, finalists were chosen by the ECIA and posted to EE Times and EDN. The winner was chosen through online voting by the communities.
A panel of EE Times and EDN editors also selected winners in additional categories, which include Jim Williams Contributor of the Year, sponsored by Linear Technology, and the Lifetime Achievement Award. IEEE, through their own judging process, announced the winners for IEEE Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society and IEEE Spectrum Emerging Technology Award at the awards ceremony.
For more information on the awards program visit http://ubm-ace.com/.
The EE Times and EDN ACE Awards are generously sponsored by Executive Platinum sponsor Avnet Electronics Marketing, the Ultimate Products sponsor Mouser Electronics, category sponsors include STEM Impact award by ECIA Foundation, Design Team of the Year by IDT, Jim Williams, Contributor of the Year by Linear Technology, Colin Holland Memorial Tech Journalist of the Year by Power Integrations and Association Media Sponsor by IEEE Spectrum.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE UBM Tech