UBM Tech's InformationWeek and EE Times Win ASBPE Awards, Accolades Validate Editorial Expertise
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech today announced InformationWeek and EE Times were both recognized for editorial excellence by the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). The award competition recognizes outstanding work by business-to-business, trade, association and professional magazines and digital media.
InformationWeek, leading business technology network for IT decision makers, won two awards.
- National Gold Award – Print: Best Technical Article (Revenue Over $2M) for Doug Henschen's exhaustive and analytical "SAP Hype Versus Oracle's FUD" cover story that provided the facts in the war of words surrounding SAP's Hana and Oracle's Exalytics platforms (May 28, 2012 – InformationWeek).
- Northeast Region Gold Award: Individual Profile for Fritz Nelson's "Chief Of The Year" cover story celebrating San Francisco Giants' Bill Schlough and his team's innovations in areas such as analytics-basic scouting and in-stadium wireless, keeping the World Series champions ahead of the game (December 17, 2012 – InformationWeek).
"The Azbee Awards are one of the most competitive in the publishing industry, and this recognition is a testament to the creativity and expertise of Doug and Fritz and to the hard work of our editorial team," said Rob Preston, VP and Editor In Chief. "InformationWeek's main goal is to serve readers with in-depth, thought-provoking news, analysis and commentary, and this recognition is validation of our commitment to excellence."
EE Times, the trusted news and information source for the global electronics industry, won four awards.
- National Gold Award – Digital: Best E-Zine for the EE Times 40th Anniversary App "Rise of the Geeks" app to create a year-long celebration of the extraordinary engineers and technologies that have transformed the global electronics industry.
National Bronze Award – Digital: Members/Subscribers-Only Premium Content for EE Times University, a free live digital educational experience for design engineers.
- National Bronze Award – Digital: Web Database for Datasheets.com, a website created for design engineers and electronics purchasing professionals to quickly and easily find electronics parts and inventory.
- National Top 10 – Digital: Website of the Year for EDN, an online community developed for and with electronics design engineers, developers, and industry-related management.
"UBM Tech is dedicated to serving engineers and we're thrilled that ASBPE has recognized this commitment to our audience," said Karen Field, SVP AND Editorial Director OF EE Times and General Manager, DESIGN. "We wanted to encourage our audience to explore the stories of a whole generation of engineers, and the app presented us with an opportunity to demonstrate the technology that has transformed EE Times."
For additional information on UBM Tech:
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology industry through live events and online properties. Its community-focused media and events provide expertly curated content along with user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities through its proprietary, award-winning DeusM community platform. UBM Tech's brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developers Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information on InformationWeek, please contact:
Hilary Jansen, Marketing Assistant
T: 415-947-6205; E: Hilary.Jansen@ubm.com
For more information on EE Times, please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, VP, Marketing, Electronics
T: 516.562.5652, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UBM Tech