UBM Tech's InformationWeek Wins 4 National ASBPE Awards
SAN FRANCISCO, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech announced InformationWeek and Network Computing were both recognized for editorial excellence by the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). ASBPE's Azbee Awards of Excellence program recognizes outstanding work by business-to-business, trade, association and professional magazines and digital media.
"The ASBPE awards are among the most prestigious in the business, and this recognition is validation of our editorial team's commitment to excellence," said InformationWeek VP and Editor In Chief Rob Preston.
InformationWeek, the leading news and analysis media brand for business technology decision makers, won four national Azbee awards.
- National Gold Award - How To Tips/Service Blog: Chris Murphy, Editor, for: "Digital Business Requires Dose Of Humility," "From Beer To Bureaucracy: Mobile Strategy Matters" and "Can Analytics Outperform The Machine Whisperer"
- National Silver Award - Analysis/Commentary Blog: Thomas Claburn, Editor At Large, for "Apple Embraces Free: 5 Reasons Why," "How Google Flu Trends Blew It," and "Keep The Web DRM-Free"
- National Silver Award -Online Technical Article: Charles Babcock, Editor At Large, for "Facebook's Data Center: Where Likes Live"
- National Bronze Award - Original Web Commentary: Rob Preston, VP and Editor In Chief, for "Yahoo Flap Misses The Bigger Point" and "Quit Dithering On Digital Business Strategy"
InformationWeek also won three Pacific Region Gold awards.
- Original Research Article: Chris Murphy, Editor, for "Goodbye IT, Hello Digital Business"
- Enterprise News Story: Kristin Burnham, Senior Editor, for "Yahoo Recycled Emails: Users Find Security Surprises"
- Web Feature Article: Kevin Casey, Contributing Editor, for "Are You Too Old For IT?"
Network Computing, the online community for IT architects, won a Pacific Region Silver award.
- Web Feature Article: Andrew Conry-Murray, Interop Content Director, and Art Wittmann, Network Computing Contributor, for "Vendor Turf Wars"
To see the full list of ASBPE national and regional award honorees, visit: http://www.asbpe.org/azbee-awards/
ASBPE announced winners of the national awards on July 25 at the 2014 ASBPE National Conference in Chicago.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech's community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech's brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com/.
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
Hilary Jansen, Marketing Specialist
SOURCE UBM Tech