UHS-Pruitt Corporation Deficiency-Free Survey's Above National Average
NORCROSS, Ga., July 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- UHS-Pruitt Corporation -- Our organization is proud to report that over the past year, thirteen of our healthcare centers, and two of our hospice locations have earned deficiency-free survey results on their annual on-site surveys, conducted by state agencies that monitor regulatory compliance.
Receiving a deficiency-free survey is very significant. More than 15,000 skilled nursing facilities nationwide were subject to annual surveys last year; of those, only eight percent received a deficiency-free rating. To determine if a center or agency is meeting all requirements, the survey team reviews patient records, observes daily activities, and interviews patients, residents, family members, and staff. More than 200 elements surrounding the care of patients are reviewed; each one bearing potential to affect the health and well-being of patients.
UHS-Pruitt is placed well above the national average in deficiency-free regulatory health care center surveys, and continues to aggressively monitor regulatory compliance measures and routine self-assessment activities to improve the care of those we serve. Our partners understand the importance of providing accurate, timely and appropriate care to their patients. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Neil L. Pruitt Jr. reports: "I am very happy with the performance outcomes of many of our organizations locations this past year. Compliance with government regulations ranks as the highest priority in our organization as it aligns with our goal of providing the highest quality care to our patients and customers. Through the strategic initiatives we set in motion, and the hard work and concern for patients our partners demonstrate, I am confident that many more locations will receive deficiency-free surveys in the future."
Congratulations to the following deficiency-free locations:
- Bethany Nursing Center of Millen in Millen, Georgia
- Christian City Convalescent Center in Union City, Georgia
- Heritage Healthcare of Blue Ridge in Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Heritage Healthcare of Jasper in Jasper, Georgia
- Heritage Healthcare of Toomsboro in Toomsboro, Georgia
- North Carolina State Veterans Home in Salisbury, North Carolina
- The Oaks of Blythewood in Blythewood, South Carolina
- The Oaks of Carrolton in Carrollton, Georgia
- Two Rivers Health Care- Neuse in New Bern, North Carolina
- UniHealth Post-Acute Care—Brookhaven in Atlanta, Georgia
- UniHealth Post-Acute Care—Carolina Point in Durham, North Carolina
- UniHealth Post-Acute Care—Old Capital in Louisville, Georgia
- UniHealth Post-Acute Care—Santa Rosa in Santa Rosa, Florida
- United Hospice of Calhoun, in Calhoun, Georgia
- United Hospice of Blue Ridge, in Blue Ridge, Georgia
SOURCE UHS-Pruitt Corporation