DUBLIN, January 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gfrrl6/builders_and) has announced the addition of the "Builders and Plumbers Merchants Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis" report to their offering.
The market is dominated by a leading group of 5 organisations who account for an estimated share of over 75% of the market. Since the economic and construction downturn the merchant market has undergone some significant structural changes, with the market consolidating as some of the larger companies acquired relatively smaller, but established merchants. Difficult trading conditions experienced in recent years have led to increased competition from other channels, particularly the DIY multiples.
The impact of the construction downturn was initially more significant for the merchants, with DIY benefiting from consumers switching major home improvement projects in favour of lighter DIY tasks, however, since 2013 the merchants have performed better than the DIY multiples, benefiting from the significant growth seen in housebuilding and some non-domestic new work in particular and also the growth in house prices driving the residential refurbishment sector.
Key issues covered:
- Detailed assessment of the market - analysis of market size, structure - lightside/heavyside, pricing trends and recent developments in the market.
- Review of the merchants - nationals, regionals, buying groups, merchants characteristics, SWOT analysis, market shares.
- Analysis by product group - sector size, product mix, trends and merchants market share - plumbing & drainage, heating & ventilation, bricks, blocks, clay & concrete products, cement & plaster materials, timber & timber products, kitchen furniture & appliances, roofing & insulation, decorating materials and ironmongery & miscellaneous.
- Future prospects - market forecasts to 2019, factors influencing future growth.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market performance to 2015 in the light of an improving building and construction industry, with forecasts through to 2019.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market - increasing confidence for sustained UK economy recovery; residential & non-domestic construction levels, public and private sector performance likely to differ substantially.
- Dominance of the national merchants - Travis Perkins, Saint Gobain, Grafton, Wolseley and Screwfix; market mix by merchants type (nationals, regionals & locals).
- Product group analysis - market sizes, influences, trends and merchant shares.
- Identification of key customer groups in merchant market.
- Changing customer buying behaviour - demand for online purchasing, click & collect etc.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Summary & Future Prospects
3. Economic Environment
4. The Builders and Plumbers Merchants' Market
5. The Builders & Plumbers Merchants
6. Merchants Customers
- Alsford Timber
- Bradfords Building Supplies
- C&W Berry
- David Cover & Son
- EH Smith
- Elliott Brothers
- Grafton Group
- Grant & Stone
- Haldane Fisher
- HPS (Heating Plumbing Supplies)
- Huws Gray
- James Burrell
- James Hargreaves
- Joseph Parr (Group) Ltd
- JT Atkinsons & Sons
- JT Dove
- Kent Blaxill & Co
- LBS Builders Merchants
- MKM Building Supplies
- MP Moran & Sons
- Nicholls & Clarke Group
- Parker Building Supplies
- Rawle Gammon & Baker
- Ridgeons Ltd
- Robert Price
- Saint-Gobain Building Products Distribution
- Travis Perkins
- Wolseley UK
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gfrrl6/builders_and
About Research and Markets:
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
SOURCE Research and Markets