ROCKVILLE, Md., June 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Health sector construction output increased by 7% in 2016 to reach £3.1 billion, following a 6% increase in 2015. Prior to this, the sector had experienced four years of declining output between 2011 and 2014. Into the medium-term, AMA Research expects steady, if moderate, growth in healthcare construction output, with annual rates of growth of 3-5% currently forecast to 2021 as work on small hospital projects is boosted by privately funded projects under PF2.
The moderate forecast is based on the steady level of health sector new orders over the last 2-3 years, and the focus on delivery of local services and chronic disease prevention initiatives put forward by successive Governments. Health RMI into the medium-term is also likely to remain positive but moderate and there are likely to be significant regional differences, especially where demand for key services is high. The focus on partnerships, to drive increased efficiency and productivity while lowering construction and maintenance costs, is forecast to continue.
About the Report:
This 7th edition of the report Healthcare Construction Market Report – UK 2017-2021 Analysis specifically reviews the healthcare construction market against a backdrop of constrained healthcare funding and a focus on shifting more services into the primary care sector driving health spending away from large capital projects and into improved service provision at primary care level. It includes:
- Structure, size and value of the Public (NHS) and Private (Independent) Healthcare sectors.
- In-depth analysis of Government funding and strategic plans for healthcare. Analysis of both resource and capital spending levels to 2021.
- Analysis of the likely impact of Brexit on healthcare funding and construction sector projects with the likelihood of reduced investment as EU funding declines.
- Detailed review of major contractors and consortia involved in healthcare sector construction.
- Key developers, investors and primary care property companies in the healthcare market.
- Analysis of construction output in the healthcare sector with estimated forecasts over the next few years to 2020-21.
More information about the report is available at https://www.marketresearch.com/AMA-Research-v175/Healthcare-Construction-UK-10898382/
About AMA Research
AMA Research is a leading specialist provider of market research and insight to the UK building and construction industry. Our aim is to provide key, relevant and current information to support and inform strategic business development and marketing decisions. We do this by publishing a range of over 150 market reports, as well as providing bespoke research services and consultancy.
MarketResearch.com is the leading provider of global market intelligence products and services. With research reports from more than 720 top consulting and advisory firms, MarketResearch.com offers instant online access to the world's most extensive database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, and trends. Moreover, MarketResearch.com's Research Specialists have in-depth knowledge of the publishers and the various types of reports in their respective industries and are ready to provide research assistance.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/uk-healthcare-construction-output-exceeds-3-billion-as-activity-recovers-300473232.html