ULTA Beauty's Windows of Love - Donate With a Kiss™ Campaign
FUNDS TO BENEFIT THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION®
Windows of Love Campaign-Donate with a Kiss™ Covers ULTA stores with Kisses of Support
BOLINGBROOK, Ill., Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Throughout the month of October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the windows of ULTA Beauty stores across the country will be covered with "love" as ULTA Beauty invites customers to participate in its Windows of Love - Donate with a Kiss™ campaign to support breast cancer awareness and research. This year, ULTA Beauty will cover its windows with kisses, an international symbol of love, with each kiss representing a $1.00 donation in support of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF). Windows of Love - Donate with a Kiss is expected to showcase more than six miles of kisses representing LOVE and SUPPORT across more than 400 ULTA Beauty store windows nationally.
Since 2009, ULTA Beauty's Windows of Love campaign, this year called Windows of Love - Donate with a Kiss, has created a visual testament to the combined efforts of ULTA Beauty customers and employees to support BCRF's mission to fund research related to the causes, treatment, prevention and cure of breast cancer in our lifetime. In 2010 ULTA Beauty raised more than half a million dollars to benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
ULTA Beauty will provide several ways to contribute to fund-raising efforts for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation:
DONATE WITH A KISS
- Those who donate $1 to BCRF at ULTA Beauty stores can register to win a beauty bag of pink products, valued at $598; one winner per store will be chosen by random drawing. A "kiss" decal will be given for each $1 donation, which can be posted in the store or windows.
- Those who make a contribution of $10 to BCRF can receive their choice of a Pink Ribbon Umbrella or a Pink Ribbon Cosmetic Bag, and receive 10 "kisses!"*
- The Pink Ribbon Cosmetic Bag is also available at ULTA.com.
*With every $10 contribution, customers will receive their choice of an umbrella or cosmetic bag and a donation of $7.00 will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®. For customers who choose not to receive an umbrella or cosmetic bag, 100% of the contribution will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
LIMITED EDITION, EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS TO BENEFIT BCRF
- Philosophy offers ULTA Beauty's #1 selling moisturizer in special pink packaging! Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Limited Edition in Pink is the award-winning, lightweight daily moisturizer that hydrates and provides antioxidant protection, while improving skin texture and tone, leaving it smooth and radiant. Exclusive to ULTA Beauty stores and available online at ULTA.com for $38. Philosophy donates $5.00 to BCRF from the sale of this product.
- Stila is offering their "Empowered in Pink" Travel Palette exclusively at ULTA Beauty stores for $14, with $1 from each sale donated to BCRF. The palette includes a collection of four Stila eye shadows, cheek color, and highlighter in a chic, mirrored palette.
- Both Philosophy's Hope in a Jar Limited Edition in Pink and the Stila "Empowered in Pink" Travel Palette exclusive products are also available at ULTA.com.
THE SALON CUT-A-THON
- Customers can participate in The Salon at ULTA Beauty's Cut-A-Thon benefitting The Breast Cancer Research Foundation on Sunday, October 16th from 11a.m. - 6p.m. in all ULTA Beauty stores nationwide. For a minimum suggested donation of $10, supporters can receive a cut, shampoo & style by ULTA Beauty's professionally trained stylists. All proceeds, 100%, will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The Salon at ULTA Beauty proudly uses Redken and CHI professional products.
"Our Windows of Love program is a unique, combined effort that includes our customers, company and its employees," says Chuck Rubin, CEO, ULTA Beauty. "We look forward to another successful year of raising funds together in support of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation."
"Through their commitment to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, ULTA and its customers have shown the world how big their hearts are in helping to fund life-saving research," said Myra J. Biblowit, President of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. "The Windows of Love campaign is one of the most unique programs. Windows of Love not only raises much needed dollars, it engages the important ULTA community in this fight."
For details on ULTA Beauty's Windows of Love - Donate with a Kiss campaign, visit www.ulta.com/windowsoflove.
About ULTA Beauty
ULTA Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. ULTA Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining the product breadth, value and convenience of a beauty superstore with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. ULTA Beauty offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon haircare products. ULTA also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. As of July 30, 2011, the Company operates 415 retail stores across 42 states and also distributes its products through the Company's website: www.ulta.com.
ABOUT THE BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION®
Since its inception in 1993, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF) has raised over $330 million to advance the most promising breast cancer research worldwide that will help lead to prevention and a cure in our lifetime. In 2011-2012, BCRF grants will be supporting more than 185 dedicated researchers at major medical institutions across the globe. If not for BCRF, many facts about the genetic basis of breast cancer would not be known, the link between exercise, nutrition and breast cancer risk would not be established, and the rate of mortalities would not continue its downward curve. BCRF-funded scientists are responsible for these and many other critical achievements. Currently, more than 90 cents of every dollar donated is directed to breast cancer research and awareness programs. With exceptionally low administrative costs, BCRF continues to be one of the most efficient organizations in the country, having received 4-stars from Charity Navigator for nine consecutive years. Only 1% of over 5,500 evaluated charities have achieved this distinction. Furthermore, the Foundation continues to be designated an "A+" charity by The American Institute of Philanthropy. No other breast cancer organization has consistently received such high ratings. For more information about BCRF, visit www.bcrfcure.org.