SAO PAULO, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a multi-business company engaged in specialized distribution and retail (Ipiranga / Ultragaz / Extrafarma), specialty chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the second quarter of 2016.
Main highlights in 2Q16:
- ULTRAPAR'S NET REVENUES TOTAL R$ 19 BILLION IN 2Q16, A 4% GROWTH OVER 2Q15.
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA REACHES R$ 1 BILLION IN 2Q16, A 19% GROWTH OVER 2Q15.
- ULTRAPAR'S NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 367 MILLION IN 2Q16, AN 11% GROWTH OVER 2Q15.
- DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION OF R$ 435 MILLION FOR 1H16 APPROVED, WITH A 58% PAYOUT RATIO.
- ULTRAPAR ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF THE FUEL DISTRIBUTOR ALE, WITH INVESTMENTS OF R$ 2,168 MILLION, CONTINUING ITS EXPANSION STRATEGY.
- ULTRAPAR ENTERS INTO A JOINT VENTURE AGREEMENT WITH CHEVRON TO CREATE A NEW COMPANY IN THE LUBRICANTS BUSINESS.
"2Q16 marks an important achievement for Ultra. We reached our 40th consecutive quarter of year-over-year growth in EBITDA. This 10-year period of growth is a proof of the resilience of our businesses and our teams' promptness to overcome challenges and take advantage of opportunities, both during years of economic expansion and deceleration in Brazil. Our confidence in our business model was reaffirmed in two strategic moves we recently announced. In June we entered into an agreement to acquire Ale's network, and last week we announced the partnership with Chevron in the lubricants market. Ultra has always invested in its businesses, in its people, in the relationship with its stakeholders and in the country. We have built a differentiated position in our markets to reap the benefits of the economic recovery, and we will continue to pursue ways to grow in a responsible and sustainable manner."
Thilo Mannhardt – CEO
Results conference call
Brazilian conference call
August 12, 2016
10:00 a.m. (US EST)
Sao Paulo – SP
Telephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155
International conference call
August 12, 2016
11:30 a.m. (US EST)
Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015
Participants in the USA: +1 844 836 8738
International participants: +1 412 317 5430
Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
UGPA3 = R$ 71.11/share (06/30/16)
UGP = US$ 22.01/ADR (06/30/16)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ultrapar-announces-its-2q16-results-300312096.html
SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.