SAN FRANCISCO, February 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global underwater concrete market size is expected to reach USD 229.80 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing adoption of underwater concrete on account of improved technological efficiency pertaining to the concrete placing is expected to propel growth.
The demand for the product is expected to grow on account of the growth in the underwater repairs of the existing underwater structures. In addition, the development of advanced admixtures such as superplasticizers and anti-washout admixtures is expected to translate drive the demand over the next nine years.
The industry exhibits a number of technological advancements pertaining to the chemicals used for improving and adjusting the workability, adhesive strength, and setting time of the cement used in the underwater concrete. In addition, the demand for chemicals such as carboxylates and cellulose is expected to lead to an increase in the strength of the concrete, leading to the industry growth.
Rising demand for luxury amenities in the developed economies is expected to result in an increase in the construction of swimming pools, which is expected to fuel growth. The decline in the global price levels of Portland cement is expected to result in the reduction in the price of the product, leading to market growth.
The industry is characterized by the presence of dedicated supply chain network among the raw material suppliers, manufacturers, and construction companies. In addition, the industry exhibits integration with a majority of manufacturers involved in the production of raw materials.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Underwater Concrete Market Estimates & Trend Analysis By Raw Material (Admixtures, Aggregates, Cement), By Application (Hydropower, Marine, Shore Protection, Underwater Repairs, Tunnels, Swimming Pools), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/underwater-concrete-market
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Hydropower energy harnessing constructions accounted for over 29% of the global consumption volume on account of high hydropower capacity expansion primarily in Asia Pacific and North America
- The use of admixtures in the product accounted for over 11% of the market revenue on account of technological developments leading to the production of advanced admixtures with superior strength, workability and anti-runoff properties
- The market in China is expected to register a CAGR of over 9% by revenue, from 2016 to 2025 on account of significant marine infrastructure developments coupled with the growing adoption of hydropower as an alternate energy source
- Key companies operating in the industry include CEMEX, Conmix, Heidelberg among others. The companies in the industry are involved in mergers, acquisitions and capacity expansions as the major strategies to increase the market presence and annual revenues
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Earthenware Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/earthenware-market
- Abrasives Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/abrasives-market
- Carbon Fiber Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-fiber-market-analysis
- Coated Paper Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/coated-paper-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global underwater concrete market on the basis of raw material, application, and region:
- Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Shore protection
- Underwater repairs
- Swimming pools
- Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog: Underwater Concrete Market Outlook: Analyst Perspective
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.