"Enterprises today are increasingly finding that virtual teams are a reality, and bring many advantages such as greater flexibility, creativity and employee satisfaction, but they also require superior communication and collaboration tools," said Luiz Domingos, head of product house for Unify. "OpenScape 4000 v8 delivers the cutting-edge communication capabilities enterprises need, and because it is a hybrid solution it enables businesses to evolve at their own pace, reducing costs and minimizing risks."
OpenScape 4000 v8 delivers innovative new features and capabilities to improve collaboration, mobility and flexibility. It enables customers to take advantage of cutting-edge collaboration and communication tools today, and migrate to an all-IP environment when ready. OpenScape 4000 v8 also protects an enterprise's investment in their legacy solution with product innovations in hardware, software and licensing that add value to their telephony solution.
"The ability to continually evolve our communication solution as our business needs change, particularly in regards to the future use of flexible Unified Communications solutions, provides us the flexibility and optimal cost structure we need," said DI(FH) Viktoria Zechmeister, Head of Unit E2, MA 68 – Professional fire brigade, City of Vienna. "With its extremely high availability and powerful performance, OpenScape 4000 v8 enables the smooth and secure operating of our hybrid telecommunication environment."
Key features of OpenScape 4000 v8 include:
- Updated ENERGY STAR® certified hardware for more flexible and efficient deployment options to match corporate site structures using data center capabilities and modular branch support
- The OpenScape 4000 EcoServer supports mixed environments and varying deployment scenarios
- OpenScape 4000 Branch delivers feature-rich survivability and redundancy to secure business continuity
- Seamless integration with key collaboration, mobility and vertical solutions simplifies deployment and improves ease of use
- OpenScape 4000 v8 connects to Circuit, Unify's leading Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, via the Universal Telephony Connector to deliver superior team collaboration capabilities
- OpenScape UC integration leverages anywhere availability and delivers a highly scalable mobility solution for today's anywhere worker
- Tighter integration and new features in OpenScape Xpert improve efficiency and speed in the financial services, trading, and command and control markets
- Seamless support for the new OpenScape Desk Phone CP family delivers integrated collaboration software for an intuitive, easy to use phone option
- Simplified, new user-based licensing makes OpenScape 4000 v8 more cost effective and flexible. It is harmonized with the licensing options for the OpenScape Voice solution, so can support a simple migration path to all-IP where needed. The new licensing can result in up to 15 percent savings for new systems and up to 24 percent for upgrades compared to the previous version
"The new features of OpenScape 4000, particularly the various redundancy options of OpenScape 4000 Branch, offer additional provisioning possibilities as well as an optimum embedding in a highly available IT infrastructure," said Peter Maurer, Product Manager for Swisscom AG (Switzerland). "These additional benefits are very compelling to our customers and enable us to reach out to new prospective customers."
OpenScape 4000 v8 is available immediately from Unify and its authorized partners.
Unify is one of the world's leading communications software and services brands, providing integrated communications and collaboration solutions worldwide. Our customers range in size from 5 employees to 500,000+ employees. Our solutions unify multiple voice, video and data networks, connected devices and applications into one easy-to-use platform that allows teams to collaborate effectively and efficiently – anytime, anywhere. The result is a transformation of how the enterprise communicates and collaborates that amplifies collective effort, energizes the business, improves employee satisfaction and enhances business performance. Unify has a strong heritage of product reliability, innovation, open standards and security. Our OpenScape and Circuit communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device. Together, the group's global team of UCC experts and service professionals set the standard for a rich communications and collaboration experience that empowers teams to deliver better results. Unify is an Atos company.
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131015/NY97454LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unify-drives-innovation-in-hybrid-communication-solutions-with-openscape-4000-v8-300372938.html