RESTON, Va., March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unify, formerly Siemens Enterprise Communications, today announced plans for Enterprise Connect 2014, the industry's premier conference and exhibition on enterprise communications and collaboration. Unify's presence at Enterprise Connect (booth #1019) in Orlando, Fl., March 17-20, includes a lineup of speakers on the future of work and technology, and demonstrations of Project Ansible, the revolutionary platform for communication and collaboration of the next generation of users. The Unify booth will also showcase a full array of market leading products including the OpenScape product portfolio.
Riding a wave of visibility and industry momentum for the widely acclaimed Project Ansible, a complete company rebrand, and a new CEO, Dean Douglas, who has declared 2014 as the year for the New Way to Work, Unify has set out to change the way companies communicate and collaborate, helping people spend less time orchestrating work and more time doing it.
"The New Way to Work is here – it's the reality of global work today, and c-level executives and IT professionals must be ready to address these topics now," said Steve Shanck, general manager, North America for Unify. "Our vision and forward looking strategy is about leading the change to transform business communications to fully support the Anywhere Worker. This year at Enterprise Connect we're pleased to invite customers, partners and industry leaders to discover a New Way to Work that focuses on the user experience and ease of use of all their technologies. Taken together this enables businesses to be agile, outcome-focused and more efficient, while increasing employee satisfaction."
Meet the Experts: Unify's speakers and topics at Enterprise Connect:
During Enterprise Connect, Unify executives will speak on topics ranging from consumerization of IT to WebRTC and creating addictive customer experiences.
- Monday, March 17, 2014:
- "Interoperability: Integrating WebRTC with the Rest of the Known World," with Jan Hickisch, VP of Global Solution Marketing (10:30 a.m.- noon)
- "UC Summit: Has the Market Caught On, Finally?" with Torsten Raak, SVP of Corporate Marketing (11:00 a.m.- noon)
- "Reports of the Desk Phone's Demise are Not Greatly Exaggerated," with Diane Salvatora, VP of North America Portfolio Management (2:00- 3:00 p.m.)
- "UC RFP and Review: Enterprise Communications Platform- Premise vs. Cloud-Based IP Telephony," with Jeff Bridge, National Director of Solution Engineering & Development (2:00- 5:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014:
- "Improving the Mobile Customer Experience," with Stephen Feldman, Director of Product Management (8:00- 8:45 a.m.)
- "The New Way to Work" – Presented by Unify (2:00- 2:20 p.m.)
- "Social Software in the Enterprise: What's the Holdup?" with Diane Salvatora, VP of North America Portfolio Management (2:30- 3:30 p.m.)
- "Market Leaders," with Paul McMillan, Director of Enterprise Technical Solutions Engineering (2:00- 2:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014:
- "SIP Trunking Case Studies," with Jean-Pierre Ignart, Customer Account Engineer, at Beckman Coulter (8:00- 8:45 a.m.)
- "Disrupter Conversation: Is the User Experience the Next Frontier for Enterprise Communications?" with Torsten Raak, SVP of Corporate Marketing (11:00-11:30 a.m.)
- "UC as a Platform for Video Conferencing," with Frank Fender, Unified Communications Product Manager and Architect (2:30- 3:30 p.m.)
- "UC Options: The Many Ways to Do UC," with Paul McMillan, Director of Enterprise Technical Solutions Engineering (2:30- 5:30 p.m.)
Project Ansible Previews
The result of a two year development effort, including extensive research on user requirements and preferences, Project Ansible is a next-generation communications and collaboration platform from Unify. Developed in collaboration with frog, Project Ansible is the first platform to deliver a unique, single-pane-of-glass user experience across virtually all devices. It is designed to extend beyond the promises of unified communications (UC) by aggregating information and data across virtually every channel, including social software, business applications, video, text, analytics, and traditional voice communication. For more information, please visit www.ProjectAnsible.com or www.unify.com/ProjectAnsible or #ProjectAnsible
Preview demonstrations of Project Ansible will be held at booth 1019. In anticipation of high demand for Project Ansible demos, Unify is pre-scheduling demo slots prior to the start of Enterprise Connect. Call (800) 765-6123 to reserve a scheduled tour.
Follow @UnifyCo on Twitter with #NW2W, as well as the LinkedIn Group, New Way to Work, where ahead-of-the-curve leaders share insight on competitive trends. Unify further explores news and shares insights on its blog, so business leaders are given the latest UC collective intelligence.
Unify—formerly known as Siemens Enterprise Communications—is a premier communications software and services firm. Our solutions unify multiple networks, devices and applications into one easy-to-use platform that allows teams to engage in rich and meaningful conversations. The result is a transformation of how the enterprise communicates and collaborates that amplifies collective effort, energizes the business, and enhances business performance. Born out of the engineering DNA of Siemens AG, Unify builds on this heritage of product reliability, innovation, open standards and security to provide integrated communications solutions for approximately 75% of the Global 500. Unify is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG.
This release contains forward-looking statements based on beliefs of Unify's management. The words "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "forecast," "expect," "intend," "plan," "should," and "project" are used to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect the company's current views with respect to future events and are subject to risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause the actual results to be materially different, including, among others, changes in general economic and business conditions, changes in currency exchange rates and interest rates, introduction of competing products, lack of acceptance of new products or services and changes in business strategy. Actual results may vary materially from those projected here. Unify does not intend or assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.