NEW YORK, Sept. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UNIQLO, the global clothing retailer, will open their new Paramus, New Jersey, store in the Westfield Garden State Plaza this Friday, September 28th.
At 43,000 total square feet and two stories, the UNIQLO Westfield Garden State Plaza store will be their largest mall store in the world and will serve as the prototype for UNIQLO's many future U.S. shopping mall locations.
Shin Odake, UNIQLO USA CEO and Richard LaBarbiera, Mayor of Paramus will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony on opening day at 11:45AM and will officially open the doors at 12:00 noon.
"Friday will be a very special day for UNIQLO as we open our doors to New Jersey. At UNIQLO, it is important for us to be a responsible neighbor in the communities we operate in, and to improve the world through our clothing. We look forward to showing the patrons of Westfield Garden State Plaza our innovative products, exceptional customer service and brand philosophy," says UNIQLO USA CEO Shin Odake.
"We are pleased to welcome UNIQLO to the Paramus community. They have already stimulated the North Jersey job market by hiring more than 220 employees, and will help us continue to make Paramus a center of U.S. and global commerce," said Mayor Richard LaBarbiera.
UNIQLO Westfield Garden State Plaza consists of two floors with a separate street entrance on the main level in addition to the mall entrance. At each entrance area, UNIQLO shoppers will be welcomed by two large LCD monitor walls that can be seen from outside both entryways. Illuminated glass display windows will house mannequins featuring the latest product offerings from UNIQLO. The complete offering of UNIQLO products including men's and women's basics, Heattech, Premium Ultra Light Down, an endless array of colorful cashmere, and the new UNIQLO kids and babies collection.
In celebration of the grand opening of the New Jersey store, UNIQLO is offering special promotional pricing during grand opening weekend and the following week. UNIQLO NYC stores at 5th Ave, 34th St., and Soho will extend the celebration by also participating.
- Grand Opening Weekend Special Prices for the first 500 customers each day (Sept. 28-29 in NJ; Sept. 28-30 in NYC)
- Men's & Women's Broadcloth cotton Shirts $9.90 (reg. $29.90)
- Men's & Women's Fleece Full Zip Jackets $9.90 (reg. $19.90)
- Special Grand Opening Prices (Valid from Sept. 28-Oct. 6 in NJ; Sept. 28-Oct. 7 in NYC)
- Men's & Women's Ultra Light Down $49.90 (reg. $69.90)
- Men's & Women's Japanese Engineered Denim for $9.90
- 100% Cashmere V-Neck Sweaters $49.90 for women's and $59.90 for men's (reg. $89.90/$99.90)
- And many other UNIQLO signature items
UNIQLO Westfield Garden State Plaza will welcome customers with entertainment, activities and promotions on both Friday, September 28th and Saturday, September 29th:
- Grand Opening Weekend Special Gifts (no purchase required)
- Chance to Win a $1,000 gift card - Customers will have one opportunity to spin our prize wheel for a chance to win UNIQLO gift cards with a grand prize card of $1,000
- 1,000 Free Special Tote Bags to the first 1,000 customers each day
- Traditional Japanese Taiko drum performances will be in various locations throughout the mall during the grand opening weekend.
This will be the company's fourth U.S. retail location with their fifth U.S. store scheduled to open on October 5th at 111 Powell Street in San Francisco.
About UNIQLO and Fast Retailing:
UNIQLO is a brand of Fast Retailing Co. (FR), a leading global Japanese retail holding company that designs, manufactures and sells clothing under five brands: Comptoir des Cotonniers, g.u., Princesse tam.tam, Theory, Helmut Lang and UNIQLO. With global sales of 820 billion yen for the 2011 fiscal year ending August 31, 2011, FR is the world's fourth largest apparel retail company and UNIQLO is Japan's leading specialty retailer. Today UNIQLO has more than 1,100 stores in 13 markets worldwide, namely in Japan, the U.S., U.K. France, Russia, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Korea. UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a truly global brand. UNIQLO operates an integrated business model under which it designs, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality, casual apparel in line with its 'Made for All' philosophy. With a corporate statement committed to changing clothes, changing conventional wisdom and change the world, FR is dedicated to creating great clothing with new and unique value to enrich the lives of people everywhere. For more information about UNIQLO and other FR group companies, please visit www.uniqlo.com or www.fastretailing.com.