United Airlines Completes Redesign of p.s. 'Premium Service' Fleet
CHICAGO, Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced it is the first and only airline to offer premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled transcontinental flight between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and San Francisco and between New York JFK and Los Angeles.
The airline has completed an extensive redesign of 15 Boeing 757-200s that fly these p.s. "Premium Service" routes.
The revamped p.s. aircraft offer 28 180-degree flat-bed United BusinessFirst seats, offering up to 6'4" of sleeping space and more room for storage; 42 extra-legroom United Economy Plus seats; and 72 United Economy seats.
Designed to give customers an experience comparable to long-haul, international flights, United's refurbished p.s. aircraft also offer:
- Inflight Wi-Fi
- Personal, on-demand entertainment at every seat - with 15.4" monitors in United BusinessFirst and 9" monitors in United Economy - offering hundreds of movies and television shows, plus other entertainment options
- Power outlets and USB ports at every seat
- Two additional inches of legroom in United Economy Plus compared to Economy Plus legroom on pre-renovation p.s. service
- Multi-course meals in United BusinessFirst on most flights
- Wine selections recommended by Doug Frost, United's Master Sommelier and Master of Wine, including half bottles of premium wines for purchase in United Economy
Photos of the redesigned p.s. aircraft are available at http://newsroom.unitedcontinentalholdings.com/psfleet.
"Our investment in these aircraft and in the p.s. service will add greatly to our flyer-friendly customer experience on these coast-to-coast flights," said Jeff Foland, United's executive vice president of marketing, technology and strategy. "This is just one more example of the many things we are doing to provide greater onboard comfort and convenience on every United flight."
Customer Service Investments
United's renovated p.s. aircraft are among the many investments the airline is making to enhance its customers' experience in the air and on the ground. United also offers:
- Premium-cabin, flat-bed seats on every scheduled long-haul international flight from the continental United States
- Satellite-fed Wi-Fi on more than 130 aircraft so far, with nearly all of United's mainline fleet outfitted with Wi-Fi by the end of 2014
- An all-new mobile application for the iOS 7 platform, offering customers innovative new features, better functionality and an improved touch-friendly design
- Live television on more than 200 aircraft, the world's largest fleet of aircraft with live television
- Significantly upgraded United Club lounges in Chicago O'Hare Terminal 2, Seattle and San Diego, with improved amenities, modern interiors, more power outlets and complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi
United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 5,300 flights a day to more than 360 airports across six continents. In 2012, United and United Express carried more passenger traffic than any other airline in the world and operated nearly two million flights carrying 140 million customers. United is investing in upgrading its onboard products and now offers more flat-bed seats in its premium cabins and more extra-legroom, economy-class seating than any airline in North America. In 2013, United became the first U.S.-based international carrier to offer satellite-based Wi-Fi on long-haul overseas routes. The airline also features DIRECTV® on more than 200 aircraft, offering customers more live television access than any other airline in the world. United operates nearly 700 mainline aircraft and has made large-scale investments in its fleet. In 2013, United continues to modernize its fleet by taking delivery of more than two dozen new Boeing aircraft. The company will have launched 14 new international and 19 new domestic routes, including the addition of seven new cities to its network, by the end of 2013. Business Traveler magazine awarded United Best Airline for North American Travel for 2012, and readers of Global Traveler magazine have voted United's MileagePlus program the best frequent flyer program for nine consecutive years. According to the 4th annual Switchfly Reward Seat Availability Survey published by IdeaWorksCompany in May 2013, United has the most saver-style award-seat availability among the largest U.S. global airlines. Air Transport World named United as the Eco-Aviation Airline of the Year Gold Winner in 2013. United is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides service to 195 countries via 28 member airlines. More than 85,000 United employees reside in every U.S. state and in countries around the world. For more information, visit united.com or follow United on Twitter and Facebook. The common stock of United's parent, United Continental Holdings, Inc., is traded on the NYSE under the symbol UAL.
SOURCE United Airlines
More by this Source
United Airlines Opens New Widebody Hangar at Newark Liberty
Mar 06, 2014, 10:00 ET
United Airlines Elevates Inflight Dining with the Addition of Gluten-Free Choices
Feb 27, 2014, 10:35 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.