United Airlines, Ink Publishing Launch Premium-cabin Luxury and Lifestyle Magazine
CHICAGO, Oct. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines and Ink Publishing today announced the launch of "Rhapsody," a monthly, luxury lifestyle and literary magazine exclusively for United's premium-cabin customers and visitors to the airline's United Clubs and United Global First lounges. Launching in November, Rhapsody will offer an authoritative look at the latest personalities and trends that define affluent living and thought in the 21st century.
Each issue will feature thought-provoking content from highly regarded journalists, with stunning images from renowned photographers. November's launch issue includes:
- An in-depth profile of legendary actor Kevin Kline by Vanity Fair contributing editor Elissa Schappell and shot by world-renowned photographer Brigitte Lacombe.
- Emmy-nominated screenwriter Jonathan Raymond (HBO's "Mildred Pierce") providing a behind-the-scenes account of the Venice Film Festival premiere of his new film "Night Moves," which stars Jesse Eisenberg and Dakota Fanning.
- The legendary Joyce Carol Oates in a back-page essay discussing her first flight.
- An exclusive excerpt from Bloomberg Businessweek senior writer Brad Stone's highly anticipated new book "The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon."
- Interviews with and profiles of international tastemakers Daniel Boulud, John Varvatos, Andy Spade and Paul Smith.
Interspersed throughout the magazine's first-rate stories and photography are timely news and notes about the latest in high culture, luxury goods, fine dining and premium hospitality.
"Our customers will find interesting stories and vivid imagery that engage their interests and inspire their passions for travel, technology, culture and finer living," said Praveen Sharma, United vice president of loyalty and business development. "The unique content – from some of the world's most-respected writers, editors and photographers – is another element of our building the world's leading premium-cabin and lounge experience."
Launching Rhapsody is United's latest investment in premium-cabin service and airport facilities, also including:
- Installation of flat-bed seats in United Global First and United BusinessFirst on every scheduled, long-haul international flight from the continental United States, with more aircraft offering flat-bed comfort and personal on-demand entertainment than any U.S. airline.
- Refitting the aircraft that fly on transcontinental "p.s." routes between New York Kennedy and Los Angeles and San Francisco with the latest cabins, premium-cabin flat-bed seats, and personal on-demand entertainment and Wi-Fi throughout the aircraft. United anticipates completing the reconfigurations by year-end.
- Remodelling of United Club lounges in Chicago O'Hare terminal 2, Seattle and San Diego with improved amenities, modern interiors, more power outlets and complimentary snacks and Wi-Fi.
- Opening a modern, new regional-aircraft terminal in Houston and outfitting jetbridges at the airline's regional-jet terminal facilities in Chicago.
Ink is the global expert in connecting with travelers throughout their entire journey. Through our portfolio of B2B and B2C products and solutions, we reach a captive audience of hundreds of millions of travelers each year. We produce more inflight magazines for more airlines than any other company in the world. We also produce targeted advertising (TAD) on confirmation emails, check-in emails, print-at-home and mobile boarding passes, conduct global passenger research, hold the Airline Retail Conferences and China Travel Retail Conferences and produce the Airline Passenger Experience media platform.
United Airlines and United Express operate an average of 5,341 flights a day to more than 360 airports across six continents. In 2012, United and United Express carried more passenger traffic than any other airline in the world and operated nearly two million flights carrying 140 million customers. United is investing in upgrading its onboard products and now offers more flat-bed seats in its premium cabins and more extra-legroom economy-class seating than any airline in North America. In 2013, United became the first U.S.-based international carrier to offer satellite-based Wi-Fi on long-haul overseas routes. The airline also features DIRECTV® on 200 aircraft, offering customers more live television access than any other airline in the world. United operates nearly 700 mainline aircraft and has made large-scale investments in its fleet. In 2013, United will continue to modernize its fleet by taking delivery of more than two dozen new Boeing aircraft. The company expanded its industry-leading global route network in 2012, launching nine new international and 18 new domestic routes. Business Traveler magazine awarded United Best Airline for North American Travel for 2012, and readers of Global Traveler magazine have voted United's MileagePlus program the best frequent flyer program for nine consecutive years. According to the 4th annual Switchfly Reward Seat Availability Survey published by IdeaWorksCompany in May 2013, United has the most saver-style award-seat availability among the largest U.S. global airlines. United is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides service to 195 countries via 28 member airlines. More than 85,000 United employees reside in every U.S. state and in countries around the world. For more information, visit united.com or follow United on Twitter and Facebook. The common stock of United's parent, United Continental Holdings, Inc., is traded on the NYSE under the symbol UAL.
SOURCE United Airlines
More by this Source
United MileagePlus Customers Can Use Their Miles To Help the Environment
Apr 15, 2014, 09:57 ET
United Airlines Sends Chicago-Area Students on a Dream Vacation to Disney World
Apr 11, 2014, 10:21 ET
United Airlines' First Boeing 787-9 Rolls Out of Factory
Apr 09, 2014, 11:12 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.