United Concordia's New Mobile App Helps Users Find Answers to Oral Health and Dental Wellness Questions
HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Concordia Dental has launched a new mobile app that can help users find answers to oral health and dental wellness questions and much more.
"The number of Americans using Smartphones grows each day. In 2011, 50 percent of United Concordia members indicated owning a Smartphone, while 70 percent expressed an interest in a mobile app they can use for emergency dental information," said Chip Merkel, president and CEO. "Our mobile app provides this information and much more. United Concordia members will find that this tool can provide the information they need – when, where and how they want it."
United Concordia's free app allows users to:
- Learn about oral health and wellness, such as proper brushing and flossing
- Find a nearby dentist, including contact information and maps/directions
- Obtain emergency dental information
United Concordia members who have the company's individual product, iDental®, also can use the app to:
- View a virtual ID card, dental coverage status or obtain a summary of recent dental procedures
- Reset passwords, retrieve user names or create new accounts
- Add a preferred dentist to the iPhone's "Contact List"
For more information about the app or iDental®, visit www.iDental.com.
SOURCE United Concordia Dental