NEW YORK, Oct. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- United States is the largest chocolate market in the world. Surging demand for premium, dark and sugar free chocolates; changing consumer taste and preferences; increasing use of chocolates in food and beverages, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries; and growing chocolate gifting culture during festivals and special occasions are few of the key factors driving the chocolate market in the US. Increasing trend of setting up exclusive stores, selling products through online channels and expanding distribution channels are few other factors that are positively influencing the country's chocolate market. Growing dark chocolate consumption is also being witnessed in the country, primarily on account of dark chocolates being rich in antioxidants, besides aiding in preventing cardiac arrests and several other diseases.
According to TechSci Research report "United States Chocolate Market By Type, By Age Group, By Point of Sale, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021", chocolate market in the US is projected to cross US$ 30 billion by 2021, on account of increasing product offerings by private label brands at affordable prices coupled with shifting consumer preference towards chocolates with health benefits. In 2015, US chocolate market was dominated by countline and seasonal chocolate segments, which accounted for a cumulative revenue share of around 65% in the country's chocolate market. Presence of a wide and organized distribution network of retail stores and hypermarkets/supermarkets in the country is also contributing to boosting sales of chocolates in the US, with supermarkets/hypermarkets accounting for the largest share in 2015. Hershey's, Mars, Lindt & Sprungli and Nestle are few of the leading market players operating in the US chocolate market. "United States Chocolate Market By Type, By Age Group, By Point of Sale, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2021" discusses the following aspects of the chocolate market in the US:
- United States Chocolate Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Product Type (Countline, Seasonal, Tablet, Boxed and Others), By Age Group (5-14 Years, 15-24 Years, 25-54 Years, 55 Years and Above), and By Point of sale (Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Online and Others)
- Policy and Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the US chocolate market
- To identify the customer preference towards chocolates
- To help industry consultants, chocolate manufacturers, distributors and dealers align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research-based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research includes interviews with chocolate manufacturers and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03837930-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-states-chocolate-market-by-type-by-age-group-by-point-of-sale-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2011-2021-300339352.html