The U.S. market for assistive technologies is projected to grow from $40.6 billion (including eyeglasses and contact lenses) in 2014 to $43.1 billion in 2015 and $58.3 billion in 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% between 2015 and 2020.
This report provides:
- An overview of the markets for disabled and elderly assistive technologies, which encompasses a broad range of devices, from "low-tech" products such as eyeglasses and large-print books to technologically sophisticated products such as voice synthesizers, Braille readers, and wireless monitoring devices. - Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020. - Discussion concerning the markets dynamics, specifically drivers, constraints and opportunities. - Examination of the industry structure, competition, and market shares. - Analysis of major product types and applications, both commercial and developmental. - Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Study Goals and Objectives:
The goal of the report is to examine market opportunities for assistive technology products that are now on the market or that are likely to enter the market over the rest of the decade. Specific objectives of the report include analyzing the following:
- Major product types and applications, both commercial and developmental.
- Market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application and product type.
- Market drivers and constraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2020.
- Industry structure, competition and market shares.
- Factors that may influence the long-term market for assistive technologies.
- The U.S. market for assistive technologies is projected to grow from $40.6 billion (including eyeglasses and contact lenses) in 2014 to $43.1 billion in 2015 and $58.3 billion in 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% between 2015 and 2020.
- The assistive technologies market for vision and reading aids is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.0% from 2015 to 2020, to reach $25.7 billion by 2015 and $34.4 billion by 2020, from nearly $24.3 billion in 2014.
- The market for communication aids is projected to reach nearly $7.2 billion by 2015 and $8.7 billion by 2020. It is projected to increase at a CAGR of 4.0% from $6.8 billion in 2014.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Assistive Technology Products
- Study Background
- Study Goals And Objectives
- Intended Audience
- Scope And Format
- Methodology And Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
- Executive Summary
- Table Summary : U.S. Assistive Technology Market, Through 2020
- Figure Summary : U.S. Assistive Technology Market, 2014-2020
Chapter 3: Overview
- General Description
- Applications And Conditions Addressed
- Product Types
- Patent Analysis
- Regulatory, Legislative And Insurance Issues
Chapter 4: U.S. Market For Assistive Technologies
- Detailed Market Projections
Chapter 5: Global Markets
- Table 62 : Global Assistive Technologies Market By Region, Through 2020
- Figure 28 : Global Assistive Technologies Market Share By Region, 2014 And 2020
Chapter 6: Industry Structure And Competition - Number And Size Of Firms - Market Shares
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
- Bay Advanced Technologies Ltd.
- Blue Chip Medical Products
- Bruno Independent Living Aids Inc.
- Cobolt Systems Ltd.
- Cybernet Medical Corp.
- Dolphin Computer Access Ltd.
- Duxbury Systems Inc.
- Dynavox Technologies
- Exact Dynamics B.V.
- Freedom Scientific Inc.
- GW Micro Inc.
- Honeywell Life Care Solutions
- Inclinator Company Of America
- Invacare Corp.
- Krown Manufacturing
- Liftavator Inc.
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Otto Bock Healthcare Gmbh
- Philips Lifeline Systems Inc.
- Pride Mobility Products Corp.
- Ricon Corp.
- Savaria Corp.
- Scottcare Corp.
- Siemens Hearing Instruments Inc.
- Sunrise Medical Llc
- Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget Sca
- Terry Group Ltd.
- Thyssenkrupp Access
- Whirlpool Corp.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6zph2m/disabled_and
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-states-disabled-and-elderly-assistive-technologies-market-2015-2020---research-and-markets-300275347.html
SOURCE Research and Markets