DUBLIN, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "US Generic Drug Market - Industry Trends, Competitive Landscape, Opportunities and Outlook" report to their offering.
The US generic drug market has witnessed a transformation over the last three decades. From less than 20% of the total prescriptions, generic drugs now account for the majority of the total prescriptions dispensed in the United States.
During 2010-2015, the US generic drug market grew at a CAGR of more than 11% and currently represents a multibillion dollar industry. The biggest catalyst of this industry is the significantly lower price of generics compared to branded drugs. Although generics are chemically identical to their branded counterparts, they are typically sold at substantial discounts from the branded price. This has enabled governments and third-party payers to save billions of dollars in healthcare expenditures and resulted in lower copayments for patients. Other factors such as patent expiration of blockbuster innovator drugs, ageing population and an increasing prevalence of chronic diseases have also acted as catalysts for this market.
The report entitled US Generic Drug Market - Industry Trends, Competitive Landscape, Opportunities and Outlook provides a comprehensive insight into the historical and current trends as well as the future prospects of the generic drug market in the United States.
This study serves as an exceptional tool to understand the sales trends, volume trends, growth, key segments, competitive structure, regulations, major manufacturer, major distributors, top drugs, manufacturing requirements, opportunities and future prospects of the US generic drug market. This report can serve as an excellent guide for manufacturers, consultants, researchers, marketing strategists and all those who plan to foray into the US generic drug market in any form.
What We Have Achieved in This report?
- Historical, current and future sales trends in the US generic drug market?
- Historical, current and future prescription trends in the US generic drug market?
- Performance of the US generic drug market compared to the US pharmaceutical market?
- Performance of the US generic drug market compared to other major generic drug markets?
- Structure of the US generic drug market?
- Competitive landscape in the US generic drug market?
- Top US generic drug manufacturers and their market shares?
- Distribution of generic drugs in the US?
- Top US generic drug distributors and their market shares?
- Most prescribed generic drugs in the US?
- Pricing analysis of generic drugs?
- Value chain analysis of generic drugs in the US?
- Regulations in the US generic drug market?
- Manufacturing process of generic drugs?
- Machinery and raw material requirements for manufacturing generic drugs?
- Key success and risk factors in the US generic drug market?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology and Market Definitions
2 Report Summary
3 US Generic Drug Market - Introduction
4 Why is the US Generic Drug Market so Lucrative
5 Global Generic Drug Market
6 US Generic Drug Market
7 US Generic Drug Market- Competitive Landscape
8 US Generic Drug Market - Value Chain Analysis
9 Regulations in the US Generic Drug Industry
10 US Generic Drug Market: Key Success Factors
11 US Generic Drug Market: Road Blocks
12 Requirements for Setting Up a Generic Drug Manufacturing Plant
13 US Generic Drug Market - Key Company Profiles
- Sun Pharma
- Par Pharmaceuticals
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Reddy's
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/v9797x/us_generic_drug
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-states-generic-drug-market-2016---key-success-factors-road-blocks--requirements-for-setting-up-a-generic-drug-manufacturing-plant---research-and-markets-300281748.html
SOURCE Research and Markets