United States Mint to Launch James A. Garfield Presidential $1 Coin Two Days Before the Anniversary of His Birth
WASHINGTON, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The United States Mint will introduce the new Presidential $1 Coin honoring James A. Garfield, our Nation's 20th President, on November 17-- two days before the 180th anniversary of his birth. The public event will take place at the James A. Garfield National Historic Site in Mentor, Ohio, at 10 a.m. Eastern time (ET). Following the ceremony, the public can exchange their cash for 25-coin rolls of the James A. Garfield $1 Coin at face value. Each child 18 years old and younger will receive a new James A. Garfield $1 Coin to commemorate the event.
|WHAT:||Presentation of the James A. Garfield Presidential $1 Coin and Coin Exchange|
|WHO:||Marc Landry, Acting Associate Director of Manufacturing, United States Mint|
|Dr. Allan Peskin, Professor Emeritus of History, Cleveland State University|
|Rudolph Garfield, great-grandson of former President Garfield|
|WHEN:||Thursday, November 17, 2011, 10:00 a.m. (ET)|
|WHERE:||James A. Garfield National Historic Site|
|8095 Mentor Avenue|
|Mentor, OH 44060|
The James A. Garfield $1 Coin is the 20th release in the United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Program, authorized by Public Law 109-145 (the Presidential Dollar Coin Act of 2005). The Act directs the United States Mint to strike and issue four $1 coins each year featuring the images of our Nation's presidents in the order that they served in office.
- A digital image of the James A. Garfield Presidential $1 Coin is available at http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/?action=Photo#Pres.
- Additional information about the Presidential $1 Coin program is available at http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/.
- Information about the United States Mint is available at http://www.usmint.gov.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow the United States Mint on Facebook and Twitter.
- Information about the James A. Garfield Presidential Center is available at http://www.nps.gov/jaga/index.htm
SOURCE United States Mint
More by this Source
United States Mint Resumes Minting One-Ounce American Eagle Platinum Bullion
Mar 05, 2014, 11:16 ET
United States Mint Launches Coin Honoring Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Jan 29, 2014, 13:43 ET
United States Mint to Launch Great Smoky Mountains National Park Quarter January 29
Jan 17, 2014, 16:23 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.