DUBLIN, Apr. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2016-2017" report to their offering.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2016-2017 provides the most up-to-date business information not only on the impact of recent changes in education policy but on the emergence of new technologies and the new applications for traditional technology (print) in the school market.
After more than a decade of No Child Left Behind and Common Core State Standards, educational publishers again face change with the passage of the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015. Schools and the instructional materials industry are still trying to figure out the needs of students and educators, how best to meet those needs and what roles the instructional materials industry will play as schools turn increasingly to digital devices as their chief learning tools.
As the report navigates the current and likely future trends through 2019, a few watchwords are emerging to describe the changing state of what is estimated to be an $8.56 billion market for instructional materials: personalization, adaptive; and augmented reality.
Topics in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2016-2017 include:
- Market size by media segment: basal core curriculum, courseware, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video, classroom magazines and state summative tests;
- Drivers of and challenges to growth by segment;
- Initiatives by traditional publishers to adapt their once-print businesses to a digital future;
- Focus of ed-tech start-up activity in the first part of 2016
- Changing demographics of U.S. students;
- Trends in state funding for education;
- What subjects schools are spending on;
- The changing instructional materials adoption landscape;
- The pace of the uptake of courseware and digital supplements in schools;
- Is GoOpen a friend or foe?
- The rise of digital marketplaces;
- Exclusive 2015 instructional materials adoption data;
- Competitive analyses of 11 leading publishers;
- Market segment projections through 2019.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Industry Size and Structure
Chapter 2: Enrollment and Demographics
Chapter 3: Policy & Funding
Chapter 4: Basal Curriculum and Adoptions
Chapter 5: Digital Instructional Materials
Chapter 6: Trends
Chapter 7: Conclusions & Outlook
- Cambium Learning Group
- Discovery Education
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- K12 Inc.
- McGraw-Hill Education
- Rosetta Stone, Inc.
- Scholastic Corp.
- School Specialty
- Scientific Learning Corp.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z5zbjb/publishing_for
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/united-states-publishing-for-the-prek-12-market-2016-2017--projections-to-2019---research-and-markets-300438716.html
SOURCE Research and Markets