Unitrends Achieves 21st Consecutive Quarter of Record Growth 82 percent year-over-year growth accelerates company's path to $100 million in annual revenue
COLUMBIA, S.C., May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the industry's fastest-growing multi-environment data protection and disaster recovery company, today reported that the company achieved its 21st consecutive quarter of record growth in Q1 2014.
Unitrends' remarkable, sustained performance in Q1 2014 can be attributed to its successful acquisition of PHD Virtual Technologies, as well as continued demand for stellar customer support and affordable, flexible data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments. Key highlights from the quarter include:
- 82 percent year-over-year growth, Q1 2014 over Q1 2013
- 730 new customers, totaling more than 10,000 customers worldwide
- 45 new employees across all functional areas, totaling more than 350 employees worldwide
"Unitrends offers organizations a value proposition unrivaled in the industry – unprecedented flexibility combined with greater governance over backup and recovery processes," said Mike Coney, president and CEO of Unitrends. "Our expanding product portfolio enables customers to select the right mix of on-premise, second site and cloud-based data protection solutions that meet their unique and ever-evolving infrastructure requirements. With Unitrends, companies can play IT safe at the best cost-to-value ratio in the industry."
Driving Innovation in Backup and Disaster Recovery
Throughout the first quarter of 2014, Unitrends made several key product enhancements designed to give customers greater governance over data backup and disaster recovery, as well as iron-clad proof that their recovery strategy will remain 100 percent effective.
- ReliableDR™ 3.3 – Unitrends' replication-agnostic (supports hypervisor, storage array and backup) disaster recovery offering with automated service level agreement (SLA) testing for governance and compliance extended its lead over VMware® vCenter™ Site Recovery Manager™ and Zerto with the addition of several key features, including HP® 3PAR failover support, Nimble Storage support with automated failback, and enhanced compliance reporting and replication/test schedule control.
- Free Virtual Backup for Microsoft® Hyper-V® – Unitrends announced Unitrends Virtual Backup 7 for Hyper-V, a limited time offer providing free virtual backup for Microsoft Hyper-V environments. With this offering, Unitrends became the only vendor supporting major hypervisors from Microsoft, VMware and Citrix® without requiring agents in the guest virtual machine.
- Unitrends Release 7.3 – Unitrends advanced the already robust data protection software powering its physical and virtual backup and disaster recovery appliances to include private cloud Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), meta-bare metal recovery for Cisco Unified Computing System™ (UCS) servers, and enhanced performance, application and platform support.
Milestone Channel Achievements
February 2014 marked the one year anniversary of UniRewards, the company's lucrative loyalty program. Since its launch, participating channel representatives worldwide have earned more than $1.5 million in cash awards and delivered more than $90 million in new sales pipeline opportunities.
Unitrends' Service Provider Program, which launched in August 2013, also achieved rapid growth in the first quarter of 2014. The program saw a 100 percent increase in monthly recurring revenue over Q4 2013.
UniRewards and Unitrends' Service Provider Program – both focal points of the company's channel strategy – helped the company achieve a 5-Star rating in the CRN 2014 Partner Program Guide, a definitive listing of technology vendors that service solution providers or provide products through the IT channel. Bob Gagnon, Unitrends' vice president of channel sales worldwide, was also recognized in the quarter as a CRN 2014 Channel Chief for the fourth consecutive year.
Kudos from the IT Community
Unitrends' explosive growth and tremendous success is best demonstrated by the constant recognition the company receives from its customers and IT peers. Recent comments by members of Spiceworks™, the world's largest IT community, reflect Unitrends' unrivaled commitment to providing customers with the most affordable and effective backup and disaster recovery solutions, as well as the best customer support, in the data protection industry:
- "Unitrends has got it right with everything – a great backup system backed up by great support. There's hardly a backup system I haven't had experience with, and Unitrends outshines them all at a fraction of the cost of others. Thank you Unitrends!" – Antony Campbell, IT manager at Ben Sherman
- "I don't think I've ever worked with a more knowledgeable, responsive or dedicated team in my career. Other companies should look to Unitrends to see how customer service should be done. And yeah, now our backups are the best I've ever worked with, so there's that too." – Jeremy Murphy, help desk tech at Mount Prospect Public Library
- "I can't say enough wonderful things about the Unitrends backup solution… - fantastic." – Michael Trigg, IT manager at FPM Heat Treating
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
Unitrends provides physical, virtual and cloud-based protection and recovery for every organization's most valuable assets: its data and applications. Supported by a "crazy-committed" customer service model based on engagement, experience and excellence, the company consistently achieves a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating and helps everyone play IT safe by delivering the best cost-to-value ratio in the data protection industry. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.