COLUMBIA, S.C., April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today reported Q1 2013 as the company's 17th consecutive record quarter. With 88 percent growth in sales 2012 over 2011 and 61 percent growth in bookings Q1 2013 over Q1 2012, Unitrends is making rapid progress toward a major company milestone – $100 million in annual revenue. With its continued financial success, explosive growth and positive market adoption, Unitrends has become the leading provider of backup and recovery solutions serving the mid-market – and aims to continue that honor long into the future.
"When I took the helm as Unitrends' CEO in 2009, the company was flat lining and facing collapse," said Mike Coney, president and CEO of Unitrends. "My experience as president of Acronis® and as an executive at Veritas has given me a deep knowledge of the backup and recovery industry. My first order of business was to completely transform the way Unitrends delivers data protection. Where other vendors fall short, we now excel. Our strategy of combining simple and affordable data protection solutions with an unwavering commitment to the customer experience has propelled us to unprecedented growth. In just a few short years, Unitrends has gone from sleepy to supersonic. We are profitable. We are the fastest growing backup and recovery provider serving mid-market companies. And we are making tremendous strides toward achieving our revenue milestone of $100 million annually."
Additional highlights from Unitrends' record-setting performance in Q1 2013 include:
- 80 percent growth in new channel deal registrations Q1 2013 over Q1 2012.
- 320 new customers signed; Unitrends now has more than 3,600 customers worldwide.
- 5,915 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ Free Edition, the company's software-only backup and recovery virtual appliance – bringing the total number of downloads since the solution launched in June 2012 to more than 22,500.
Major Company Expansion
Unitrends' unprecedented financial success has already resulted in major company growth both in the U.S. and internationally this year.
- In January, Unitrends announced a significant company expansion in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). The addition of a London-based hub and strong leadership from Kevin Moreau, Unitrends' newly appointed managing director of EMEA, will enable the company to better serve its constituents abroad and advance its European business to match the high-velocity one it has created in the U.S.
- Unitrends is also rapidly expanding its customer support ranks at its Columbia, S.C., headquarters. Unitrends' commitment to the customer experience is unrivaled in the industry today – as evidenced by the customer support team's 98 percent customer satisfaction rating in 2012. Unitrends' new vice president of customer support, Daniel Wixon, is tasked with ensuring that the support staff keeps pace with the company's explosive growth and rapidly-expanding customer base, as well as strengthening an already dominant customer support program.
Unitrends continually invests in strong sales and channel programs to give the companies it does business with a competitive edge.
- Piloted in October 2012 and officially launched this past February, UniRewards is a new loyalty program for Unitrends' channel partners and resellers designed to incentivize every step of the sales process. Through this new program, partners can earn reward points for engaging in various activities that support Unitrends' products and services – such as inviting other sales reps to join the program, registering a qualified lead or registering a closed deal – and then redeem those points for cash. UniRewards garnered 2,356 new enrollments in Q1 2013, bringing the program's total member base to more than 3,600 active members since October.
Unitrends' innovative technology, unrivaled customer support and strong channel program have already earned a variety of recognitions this year.
- Info-Tech Research Group recently evaluated Unitrends Enterprise Backup for its Virtual Backup Software Vendor Landscape and its Windows®/Linux® Backup for SMEs Vendor Landscape. In both reports, Unitrends was named an "Innovator", and Unitrends Enterprise Backup was recognized as an innovative, easy-to-use and flexible backup and recovery solution for small and mid-sized enterprises.
- In February, Bob Gagnon, Unitrends' vice president of channel sales, was named one of UBM Tech Channel's CRN 2013 Channel Chiefs. This year's recognition marks the third time Bob has been named to this prestigious list.
- Unitrends' channel program itself was also recognized earlier this year, as the company was named to Business Solutions' Best Channel Vendors 2013 list in the "Backup and Disaster Recovery" category.
- In March, Unitrends' was named a finalist in the "Best Customer Experience" category of the ICMI Global Call Center Awards (winners to be announced on May 14, 2013). This recognition is yet another proof point of Unitrends' unwavering commitment to deliver the best support, service and value in the industry.
- Also in March, Network Products Guide recognized Unitrends' explosive growth by giving the company a finalist nod in both the "Hot Companies" and "Company Growth of the Year" categories of this year's Hot Companies and Best Products Awards (winners to be announced on May 7, 2013).
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.