Unitrends, World's Fastest Growing Physical and Virtual Backup Appliance Company, Achieves Best Quarter Ever More than 300 new customers and 5,000 downloads of its free software in Q3 2012 validate the need for simple and affordable data protection across hybrid environments
COLUMBIA, S.C., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that the company experienced its 15th consecutive quarter of record growth. Unitrends achieved numerous milestones in the third quarter of 2012, the best quarter in the company's history.
Driven by innovative product development, strategic industry partnerships and strong competitive replacement programs, Unitrends far surpassed bookings and sales growth goals. Q3 2012 highlights include:
- 83 percent growth in sales, Q3 2012 over Q3 2011.
- 115 percent increase in customer bookings, September 2012 over September 2011.
- More than 300 new customers signed across industries, including banking, government, healthcare and higher education.
- More than 5,000 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup™ Free Edition, the software-only version of the company's Recovery Series of physical appliances.
"Not only must businesses protect an ever-growing volume of data, but they must increasingly do so across different environments, whether in the cloud, on an appliance or across a network of virtual machines," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "We're redefining the market by making it possible for our customers to address this hybrid IT reality without breaking the bank or hiring more IT staff. We free them from most vendors' nickel and dime pricing schemes with a single solution that operates across platforms. Our growth is evidence that the solutions we deliver address a significant market need. There are enough things to worry about in business today. Data protection doesn't have to be one of them."
The quarter ended with several industry-first solutions for the SMB/SME market, demonstrating Unitrends' commitment to delivering simple, easy-to-use and effective data protection solutions that span physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Unitrends is the No. 1 leading vendor to support Windows Server 2012. Unitrends Enterprise Backup is the industry's only native all-in-one Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V role and Hyper-V 2012 Server backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery virtual appliance. Download the Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition here.
- Unitrends launched Recovery-943, the industry's first high-density, enterprise-class, tiered backup appliance. The latest addition to the Recovery Series appliance family combines tiered storage with tiered redundancy to maximize backup performance and optimize data access.
- The company integrated Unitrends Enterprise Backup with ExaGrid's purpose-built disk-based backup appliance and Nexsan's data storage systems to offer unique joint solutions that further support backup and recovery across heterogeneous environments. The company also collaborated with TwinStrata and HP to deliver a triple freemium bundle for secure cloud backup.
With a focus on strengthening its partner program and demonstrating its expertise in the backup and recovery space, Unitrends joined forces with several industry leaders this quarter.
- Unitrends became a member of the HP AllianceONE Partner Program to further HP's Converged Infrastructure strategy and support the agile enterprise.
- The company also joined the Google Cloud Platform Partner Program to extend its robust offerings to customers who want to leverage Google Cloud Platform for a flexible and large-scale data platform.
Industry Leading Programs
Unitrends continues to deliver strong programs for existing and prospective customers that combine competitive offerings with aggressive pricing and low total cost of ownership (TCO).
- In August, Unitrends announced a free Unitrends Enterprise Backup NFR (Not For Resale) program for VMware vExperts, VMware Certified Professionals, VMware Certified Instructors, VMUG members, Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals and Microsoft Certified Professionals. NFR licenses are available here.
- Unitrends offered an extension to its Symantec Backup Exec competitive replacement program, which expired at the end of Q2 2012. Customers had an additional quarter (until September 30, 2012) to partake in the promotion, which offered up to a 50 percent discount to organizations switching from Symantec Backup Exec to a Unitrends backup solution.
Management Team Expansion
The Unitrends executive leadership team was also expanded this quarter to support rapid company growth.
- Mark Croson, former VP of global customer support at FileTek, joined Unitrends as VP of customer support.
- Jennifer Sullivan, former VP of marketing for Nasuni Corporation, joined Unitrends as VP of marketing.
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO and ROI in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.