SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Industrial automation engineers can now achieve highly accurate measurements for their system designs with the MAXREFDES67# analog front end (AFE) universal input Micro PLC reference design from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- Details for MAXREFDES67#: http://bit.ly/MAXREFDES67
- MAXREFDES67# hi-res image: http://bit.ly/MAXREFDES67_image
As high-resolution systems move to higher bit counts, they become more sensitive to noise, making such systems difficult to build and maintain accuracy. MAXREFDES67# is a unique 24-bit AFE reference design that overcomes this challenge. Capable of accepting four different signals, the MAXREFDES67# universal analog input requires no jumpers and is 100% software configurable.
To meet Industry 4.0 requirements, Maxim partnered with Wurth Electronics Midcom to customize a power isolation transformer that is energy efficient and compact enough to fit in Maxim's credit-card sized Micro PLC form factor.
- High accuracy: effective resolution up to 22.3 bits with temperature error as low as ±0.1% across a range of -40°C to 150°C
- Ease of use: Beyond-the-Rails signal chain reduces board space, component count, and cost
- Flexible: universal input accepts four different signals—voltage, current, resistance temperature detector (RTD), and thermocouple (TC)
- "MAXREFDES67 is by far the highest performance analog reference design that Maxim has ever built," said David Andeen, Director of Reference Designs at Maxim Integrated. "It also features a complete Beyond the Rails signal chain, enabling the entire system to process inputs in excess of the bias voltages for each component."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAXREFDES67# reference design is available for $99 at Maxim's website and select franchised distributors. Hardware and firmware design files, as well as test data, are provided free and available online.
- For information on other reference designs, visit http://bit.ly/ReferenceDesigns.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.