ORLANDO, Fla., June 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A lush, tropical oasis unfolds before you, instantly transporting you to a little-known Pacific isle. In the distance, a colossal volcano rises above a sparkling beach, boasting majestic waterfalls by day and blazing lava by night.
Welcome to Universal's Volcano Bay – a radically-innovative water theme park opening next year at Universal Orlando Resort. Spanning 28 fully immersive acres, Universal Orlando's third theme park will be an entirely new kind of water theme park experience, giving guests even more to enjoy on their vacation.
At Volcano Bay, guests will discover a place like no other, filled with incredible thrills and relaxing indulgences. This one-of-a-kind park will combine exhilarating experiences with hassle-free convenience so families can get the most out of their vacation together. They won't have to stand in long lines or wrestle with tubes before diving into the unique attractions found throughout the park. They can enjoy a variety of experiences, ranging from winding rivers and private, two-story cabanas to family raft rides and twisting body slides that launch guests above the water.
Here's what you need to know about Volcano Bay:
- An Innovative Water Theme Park Experience:
Volcano Bay will redefine the queue experience so guests can focus entirely on having fun and spending time together. Guests won't even have to carry their own rafts up the slides.
- 18 Unique Attractions in Four Imaginatively-Themed Areas:
Volcano Bay will offer 18 unique attractions ranging from daring to serene. They'll be divided across four primary park areas where there's something for everyone, including a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below – and a state-of-the-art marquee attraction that will be revealed at a later date. Additional details on the park's attractions can be found on the last page.
- An Award-Winning Team of Creators:
A place like this could only be brought to life by Universal Creative – the same team behind ground-breaking theme park experiences like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Despicable Me Minion Mayhem. The team researched water parks and tropical resorts around the world to help redefine the water park experience and shape their vision for Volcano Bay.
- Easy-to-Access, Resort-Like Amenities Throughout the Park:
Each area of the park will offer its own easy-to-access, resort-like amenities, such as concierge locations and lockers, so guests won't have to stroll out of their way to get what they need. There will also be highly-themed restaurants and bars located throughout the park offering signature food and beverage options and impressive volcano views. Even more unique features of the park will be announced later.
- Convenient Location On-Site at Universal Orlando:
Volcano Bay will be located within Universal Orlando, adjacent to Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort. The water theme park is just a short walk or ride away from Universal Orlando's two additional theme parks – Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, on-site hotels and Universal CityWalk.
- International Tickets On Sale Soon:
Universal Orlando will soon introduce a brand-new, 3-Park Explorer ticket for guests where they can plan to experience the highly-anticipated Volcano Bay for travel dates beginning June 1, 2017. Tickets will soon be available through international web sites and travel professionals, and additional ticket options will be announced later.
This is just the beginning, and more exciting details about Volcano Bay will be released over time. Stay tuned for additional information by visiting www.UniversalOrlando.com and following Universal Orlando's blog.
About Universal Orlando Resort
For more than 25 years, Universal Orlando Resort has been creating epic vacations for the entire family – incredible experiences that place guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures.
Universal Orlando's two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, are home to some of the world's most exciting and innovative attractions. Its on-site resort hotels, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, the Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort are destinations unto themselves. Its entertainment complex, Universal CityWalk, offers dining and entertainment for every member of the family.
Universal Orlando Resort has unveiled 20 new guest experiences since 2010 – powerful attractions, incredible dining opportunities and a dramatically themed hotels. And more is on the way. Coming this year is Universal Orlando's fifth on-site hotel, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort; Skull Island: Reign of Kong, a groundbreaking attraction in Islands of Adventure; and CityWalk's newest, unique dining experience The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen. And in 2017 will come Universal's Volcano Bay, an entirely new water theme park experience.
Volcano Bay's Four Primary Areas:
Guests will have the opportunity to explore four imaginatively-themed areas at Volcano Bay, filled with experiences ranging from daring to serene.
The 200-foot volcano, Krakatau, will lie at the heart of the park, inviting guests to venture through its hidden caverns and cascading waterfalls.
- A state-of-the-art marquee attraction found only at Volcano Bay. More details will be announced later.
- Three distinctive body slides found at the rear of the volcano, which start off with surprise doors that drop out from beneath guests:
- Ko'okiri Body Plunge: A racing, 70-degree drop that will plummet 125-feet through the center of Krakatau. It will be the world's first slide to travel through a pool filled with guests.
- Kala and Ta Nui Serpentine Body Slides: Two intertwining slides where guests will fall freely along 124 twisting feet.
- Punga Racers: A high-speed race through four different enclosed slides featuring manta-shaped mats.
2. Wave Village:
Located at the base of Krakatau, Wave Village will be home to:
- Waturi Beach: A sparkling, multi-directional wave pool where guests can swim, relax on the sand or indulge in private, one- or two-story cabanas.
- The Reef: An adjacent leisure pool will provide guests with calmer waters and exciting views of riders speeding through the Ko'okiri Body Plunge.
3. River Village:
Named for the peaceful river that snakes through it, River Village will feature unique attractions for the entire family, including:
- Kopiko Wai Winding River: A gentle, winding river that will pass through the volcano's hidden caves, featuring spontaneous water effects and special nighttime lighting.
- Tot Tiki Reef: A whimsical toddler play area with spraying Maori fountains, slides and a kid-size volcano.
- Runamukka Reef: A three-story water playground inspired by the coral reef overflowing with twisting slides, sprinklers and more.
- Honu: An adventurous, multi-passenger raft ride that will soar across two giant, sloped walls
- Ika Moana: A twisting, multi-passenger raft ride that will glide across bubbling geysers.
4. Rainforest Village:
Exhilarating thrills await guests in Rainforest Village, including:
- Maku: North America's first "saucer ride" – sending multi-passenger rafts speeding around three saucer-shaped curves.
- Puihi: A breath-taking multi-passenger raft ride that will plunge guests into darkness before bursting into a funnel and launching into a zero-gravity drop.
- Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides: Two twisting, adrenaline-pumping slides that launch guests four- and six-feet above the water at the end.
- TeAwa The Fearless River: An action-packed, racing torrent river where guests hang tight in their inner tubes amidst roaring, whitewater rapids.
- Taniwha Tubes: Four unique Easter Island-inspired slides with rafts for single or double riders.
- Puka Uli Lagoon: A tranquil pool where guests can swim and relax.
CLICK HERE for a first look at Universal's Volcano Bay
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/universals-volcano-bay-revealed-universal-orlando-resorts-highly-anticipated-water-theme-park-to-open-in-2017-300289022.html
SOURCE Universal Orlando Resort