DAYTON, Ohio, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The University of Dayton's RISE 13 forum April 4-6, 2013, will host an all-star lineup of financial leaders, policymakers and strategists, including a rare joint appearance of Federal Reserve presidents.
The forum will include what may be a first for a student investment conference: a "Federal Reserve Presidents Panel," with multiple perspectives on Federal Reserve policy, which exerts a powerful force on today's financial markets and the economy.
"We're honored that RISE will host this exceptional lineup," said David Kudla, executive director of RISE and CEO and CIO of Mainstay Capital Management. "And in the RISE tradition, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and hear unscripted responses from some of the most respected and influential leaders in the finance industry."
RISE panels will feature presidents and CEOs of some of the most prominent firms in the country, including Ariel Investments, Barron's, BlackRock, TD Ameritrade and TIAA-CREF, Kudla said. Panels will also include chief investment strategists and chief economists from firms such as Charles Schwab & Co., BofA Merrill Lynch, Mesirow Financial, OppenheimerFunds and The Street.
Panelists and moderators confirmed include:
- Charles L. Evans, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Dennis Lockhart, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Roger W. Ferguson Jr., president and CEO, TIAA-CREF
- Edwin A. Finn Jr., editor and president, Barron's
- Mellody Hobson, president, Ariel Investments
- Robert S. Kapito, president, BlackRock
- Stephanie Link, director of research and vice president of strategy, The Street
- Kate Moore, senior global equity strategist, BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research
- Liz Ann Sonders, senior vice president and chief investment strategist, Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
- Diane C. Swonk, senior managing director and chief economist, Meisrow Financial
- Fred Tomcyzk, president and CEO, TD Ameritrade
- Jerry Webman, senior investment officer and chief economist, OppenheimerFunds Inc.
Now in its 13th year, RISE (Redefining Investment Strategy Education) is the largest and longest-running student investment conference in the world, bringing investment professionals with students and faculty together in an interactive, informative setting.
The forum is presented in association with the United Nations Global Compact, a voluntary corporate responsibility initiative focused on the areas of human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption. The Compact brings companies together with U.N. agencies, labor and civil society to advance universal social and environmental principles.
Professionals and the general public may attend RISE Thursday, April 4, 2013. Students and faculty stay through noon, April 6.
Registration for professionals and students is $175 before Dec. 31; $200 before Feb. 28 and $250 after Feb. 28. Registration for faculty is $275 before Dec. 31; $300 before Feb. 28 and $350 after Feb. 28. A limited number of scholarships for students to attend RISE 13 are available for early registrants.
For information on RISE visit http://www.udayton.edu/business/rise.
RISE on social media:
- LinkedIn: University of Dayton RISE Forum
- Twitter: @riseforum
- Facebook: University of Dayton R.I.S.E.
SOURCE University of Dayton