Unruly Reports Rapid Growth In 2012
High-growth Company continues international expansion and investment in people
NEW YORK, SAN FRANCISCO and LONDON, Aug. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unruly, the award-winning global technology platform for social video advertising, today announced its results for the year ended 31 March 2012.
The year to 31 March 2012 saw a period of significant growth for the Group, both in its revenues and geographical reach. Revenue tripled from £6.0 million in fiscal year 2011 to £17.6 million in fiscal year 2012.
"In 2012 we invested in expanding our geographical footprint and hiring senior people to fuel our growth," said Unruly founder and Group CEO Scott Button. "These results consolidate our position as the clear global leader in social video advertising. These are exciting times for the industry, with global online ad spend set to reach $110 billion by 2014 and online video ad spend predicted to be the fastest growing category."
Highlights of the financial year include:
- Funding: The Company secured a $25 million Series A investment in January 2012 led by Amadeus Capital Partners and Van den Ende & Deitmers, with participation from the Business Growth Fund. The financing is the largest ever for a private company in the social video space and is being used to accelerate international growth and cement Unruly's position as the global leader in this fast-growing area.
- Office Openings: Unruly opened new offices in Chicago, Stockholm and Berlin in fiscal year 2012 and today announces the opening of two new offices in Detroit and Los Angeles to cement its US presence. This adds to the Company's existing offices in New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Amsterdam and Sydney. In June 2012, Unruly relocated its headquarters in London to a four-storey building to accommodate its growth in head count.
- People: Average headcount grew from 24 to 73 in 2012, and currently sits at over 125 globally, with plans to continue recruitment.
- Awards: The Company received several prestigious business awards, including the UK National Business Awards "Growth Strategy of the Year" and the Chamber Awards "UK Business of the Year." It was shortlisted for Red Herring's Top 100 Europe Award and was named among the top 50 fastest growing digital companies in Europe at GP Bullhound's 2012 Media Momentum Awards. Founder and Group CEO Scott Button was also named "Digital Innovator of the Year" by the Growing Business Awards and COO Sarah Wood was crowned "Female Entrepreneur of the Year" award by the Fast Growth Business Awards.
- Services and Products: In June 2012, Unruly opened its state-of-the-art Social Video Lab – the only one of its kind in the world – which helps brands to increase the ROI of their social video ad campaigns based on customised and exclusive insight. Unruly plans to continue to invest in market-leading insight and analysis to help Global Chief Marketing Officers and senior-level marketers and agencies to calculate the impact of their social video campaigns.
Founded in 2006 and with offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm and Sydney, Unruly is the global platform for social video advertising.
Using our proprietary technology platform, MEME (Media Engagement and Measurement Engine), we have delivered, tracked and audited 1.65 billion video views, across 2,000+ successful social video campaigns, for over 400 brands since 2007. Milestone campaigns include T-Mobile's Life's for Sharing series, Evian's global Roller Babies hit, Old Spice's "Man Your Man Could Smell Like" campaign and Coca-Cola's Happiness series.
With a global audience of 917 million monthly unique visitors, Unruly has a worldwide reach of 62.1% (Comscore, Media Metrix, April 2012). The Unruly player has been specifically developed to function across all mobile and tablet devices, enabling brands to engage customers wherever they are and whatever device they're using, across social environments including niche passion blogs, Facebook applications and video discovery platforms.
Unruly serves Fortune 100 brands and their agencies with social video advertising campaigns, exclusive proprietary data and consumer insight.
During 2011-2012, Unruly won the UK National Business Awards' "Growth Strategy of the Year" and the Chamber Awards' "UK Business of the Year." Founder and Group CEO Scott Button was also named "Digital Innovator of the Year" by the Growing Business Awards and COO Sarah Wood was crowned "Female Entrepreneur of the Year" by the Fast Growth Business Awards. Unruly CEO Scott Button won Ernst & Young's Emerging Entrepreneur of The Year award in June 2012.
In January 2012, Unruly announced a $25m Series A investment from Amadeus Capital Partners, Van den Ende & Deitmers and the Business Growth Fund - the largest ever for a private company in the social video space.
The Morris+King Company for Unruly
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.