LONDON, Nov. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The global environment continues to pose increasingly complex security challenges to governments and across critical infrastructure. Economic and financial instability, as well as political and social unrest, have brought controversy and insecurity across a number of countries, impacting security decisions worldwide.
In a new video, Frost & Sullivan Senior Consultant Anthony Leather explores the changing global dynamics that are driving security stakeholders to re-evaluate resources and operational requirements to protect against a range of evolving threats – from traditional terrorism and crime to emerging threats from cyber security, information and unknown groups.
Cyber security continues to grow as one of the largest challenges facing both governments and critical infrastructure operators. Engagement between industry and key stakeholders is critical to better protect from the increasingly complex cyber threats.
To view the video, click here: http://owl.li/UbkPH
"In response to these challenges, - comments Leather - Frost & Sullivan has identified the top five Mega Trends in the security industry that will shape the way in which governments will protect their citizens and critical assets in the future."
Key areas will be:
- The rapid development of technologies that allow greater flexibility and security to end users, providing a more predictive and proactive approach of security procedures. Emerging trends will include unmanned aerial systems, the Internet of Things and wearable devices in public safety and intelligent security solutions.
- The emergence of Internet of Things programmes in public safety. There will be a rapid growth of IP enabled devices used by law enforcement departments. 4G LTE connected devices used by officers, in vehicles and within surveillance systems, is expected growth at over 13% until 2024.
- The increased debate on intelligence and privacy, following the soaring terrorism threat levels across the globe. The rising concern about privacy laws and technologically sophisticated terrorism networks will also eclipse the backlash against the National Security Agency (NSA) and protection of personal data.
- The rising use of Web intelligence and Big Data analytics throughout law enforcement. Constraints on budgets and an increased focus on business efficiency will squeeze security provider prices with a focus on affordable security solutions that show a clear return on investment both for protection and operation. The cyber problem will continue with a call for greater collaboration between government and industry, focus in the boardroom, and better cyber security hygiene.
- The continuous growth of investments in critical infrastructure security, as legacy systems are replaced with newer technology. Highlights include the growth of airport and mass transport infrastructure in Asia Pacific, an expected investment growth of 8% into border security, and strong investment in cyber solutions in banking and finance over the coming years."
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Corporate Communications – Europe
P: +48 22 481 62 03
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan