UPDATE: Family Research Council Experts Attending Supreme Court Marriage Oral Arguments, March for Marriage Rally
WASHINGTON, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Family Research Council President Tony Perkins appeared on CBS' Face the Nation yesterday in advance of oral arguments on the marriage cases that the U.S. Supreme Court will review this week. Additionally, Perkins will discuss the oral arguments and the March for Marriage on his daily radio show, Washington Watch, heard weekdays from 5-6 p.m. Eastern on the American Family Radio network and online at www.TonyPerkins.com.
Other activities related to the oral arguments include:
- FRC is a co-sponsor of the March for Marriage taking place outside of the Supreme Court on Tuesday. Cathy Ruse, J.D., senior legal fellow, will speak at the March for Marriage rally.
- Family Research Council's Ken Klukowski, J.D. will be attending Supreme Court oral arguments on the Defense of Marriage Act and Proposition 8 Tuesday and Wednesday. He is the co-author of a legal brief in the marriage litigation.
- Additionally Peter Sprigg, senior fellow for policy studies, will also be available to discuss oral arguments, the March for Marriage and the issues related to the Defense of Marriage Act and Proposition 8.
- Chris Gacek, J.D., Ph.D., will be available to discuss FRC's amicus briefs in the DOMA and Prop 8 cases. Gacek worked with Paul B. Linton, J.D. of the Thomas More Society on the briefs.
- Many of the 18,000 pastors within FRC's network of churches are engaged in a series of "Stand for Marriage Sundays." The church leaders are encouraging their congregations to pray and stand for marriage as the union of one man and one woman.
Tony Perkins on CBS' Face the Nation: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57576019/face-the-nation-transcripts-march-24-2013-same-sex-marriage-foreign-policy/
Defense of Marriage Act amicus brief: http://www.frc.org/legalbrief/amicus-brief-us-v-windsor
Proposition 8 amicus brief: http://www.frc.org/legalbrief/amicus-brief-hollingsworth-v-perry
SOURCE Family Research Council
More by this Source
FRC Warns Against Proposed Changes to Blood Donor Policy
Dec 05, 2013, 13:12 ET
FRC Praises California, Maryland for Shifting Focus to Ethical Stem Cell Research
Dec 04, 2013, 15:55 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.