UPS donates NASCAR, PGA, NFL and NBA collectibles for United Way auction Bid on autographed, exclusive sports items - including round of golf with Lee Westwood - to benefit United Way
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Sports fans can now bid on autographed football, basketball, racing and golf collectibles, including NASCAR, Formula 1, NFL, NBA, PGA and college team merchandise all donated by UPS (NYSE: UPS) to benefit United Way. New auction items will post each week through the end of September. Items include:
- Round of golf with Lee Westwood, former World Number One and UPS Golf Ambassador.
- UPS Racing fire suit worn by NASCAR driver Carl Edwards in the 2013 Kentucky Speedway: Quaker State 400.
- Former Chicago Bears All-Pro Linebacker Brian Urlacher autographed football.
- Former Atlanta Hawks Dominique Wilkins autographed basketball; Wilkins is a retired nine-time NBA All-Star and one of the best dunkers in NBA history, earning the nickname The Human Highlight Film.
- Autographed Udonis Haslem jersey from the 2006-07 season – a title year for the Miami Heat. Haslem played on all three championship teams for the Heat.
UPS and its employees were the first company to raise $1 billion in contributions to United Way, with focused efforts on education and financial stability. UPS is one of United Way's elite Global Corporate Leaders and has twice won the organization's highest national honor for corporate citizenship: the United Way Spirit of America® Award. In 2014, UPS was recognized as a corporate champion of change with an "Outstanding Strategic Partner" award from United Way for their philanthropy, volunteer commitment, leadership and employee engagement which has made a lasting impact in communities. Lisa Lynn, director at The UPS Foundation, chairs United Way Worldwide's Global Corporate Leadership Advisory Council, comprised of 30 of the most philanthropic multinational companies in the world. This is the sixth year that UPS and United Way have partnered together on a charitable auction.
United Way, a worldwide movement in 41 countries and territories, includes more than 1,200 local organizations in the United States. It advances the common good by focusing on education, income and health – the building blocks for a good quality life. LIVE UNITED is United Way's call to action for everyone to give, to advocate and to volunteer to improve conditions in their local community. For more information about United Way, please visit: UnitedWay.org.
SOURCE United Way Worldwide