MAPLE GROVE, Minn., Feb. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. (Upsher-Smith), is pleased to honor the 2014 recipients of the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations' (NASPA) Excellence in Innovation Award. Forty-five pharmacists in 44 states were recognized for their efforts. The award is coordinated annually by NASPA and sponsored by Upsher-Smith.
The Excellence in Innovation Award recognizes qualified pharmacists who have demonstrated significant innovation in their practice, method, or service directly or indirectly resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy. The award is presented by participating state pharmacist associations.
"Upsher-Smith is proud to join NASPA in honoring 45 pharmacists across the nation who are bringing the cutting edge of pharmaceutical practice to their patients," said Mark Evenstad, President and Chief Executive Officer of Upsher-Smith. "Upsher-Smith has a long history of supporting pharmacists and understands the critical role they play in patient health and well-being. We are honored to recognize the outstanding achievements of the 2014 NASPA awardees."
2014 recipients include:
- Alabama: Kimberly Braxton Lloyd, PharmD
- Alaska: LCDR Thaddus Wilkerson, PharmD
- Arizona: Nicole Murdock, PharmD
- Arizona: Laura Vay Tsu, PharmD
- Arkansas: Marcus Costner, PharmD
- California: Charles W. Leiter, PharmD
- Colorado: Kevin Kaucher, PharmD
- Connecticut: Nick Tamborrino, PharmD
- Delaware: Kristin Ball Motley, PharmD
- Florida: Heather C. Hardin, PharmD
- Georgia: John "Jake" Galdo, PharmD
- Hawaii: Derek Tengan, PharmD
- Illinois: Jennifer L. Rosselli, PharmD
- Indiana: Gregory Russell, RPh
- Iowa: Thane Kading, PharmD
- Kansas: Amanda Applegate, PharmD
- Kentucky: Brooke Hudspeth, PharmD
- Louisiana: David A. Darce, RPh
- Maine: Lisa Darling, PharmD
- Maryland: Hoai-An Truong, PharmD
- Massachusetts: Joanne Doyle Petrongolo, PharmD
- Michigan: Michael E. Klepser, PharmD
- Minnesota: Julie Gambaiani, PharmD
- Mississippi: Lauren S. Bloodworth, PharmD
- Missouri: Erica Pearce, PharmD
- Montana: Rory Johnson, PharmD
- New Hampshire: Margaret P. Kerns, RPh
- New Jersey: James P. Cammarata, RPh
- New York: Paul Faerstein, PharmD
- North Carolina: Ouita Davis Gatton, RPh
- North Dakota: Joan Slusser, PharmD
- Ohio: Stuart J. Beatty, PharmD
- Oklahoma: Ernie Sykora, DPh
- Oregon: Nicole Schrankel, PharmD
- Pennsylvania: Juliana Nowak, RPh
- Puerto Rico: Marisol Lopez-Nieves, RPH
- Rhode Island: Sarah M. Thompson, PharmD
- South Carolina: John Elliot Turner, PharmD
- Tennessee: Randy K. Jerkins, PharmD
- Texas: Nario R. Cantu, RPh
- Virginia: Kerri T. Musselman, PharmD
- Washington: Elyse L. Tung, PharmD
- West Virginia: Dani Dolin, PharmD
- Wisconsin: Mary S. Hayney, PharmD
- Wyoming: Bruce McGirr, RPh
"We deeply appreciate Upsher-Smith's support of the Excellence in Innovation Award," said Rebecca Snead, Executive Vice President of NASPA. "This award honors some of the nation's most innovative pharmacists, who are advancing the profession and improving the lives of patients every day. We are proud to stand with Upsher-Smith in honoring their contributions to the field and to the health of America's patients."
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc., founded in 1919, is a growing pharmaceutical company dedicated to its mission of Advancing Pharmacotherapy. Improving Life™. With capabilities ranging from early-stage research to delivering on-market products, Upsher-Smith is committed to offering quality products that enable people to live life to its greatest potential. Upsher-Smith's approach to product development and partnering has resulted in a broad range of both branded and generic therapeutic solutions to address patients' needs. The Company has a particular focus on developing therapies for people living with central nervous system (CNS) conditions, such as seizure disorders, and has a robust pipeline of promising CNS compounds in various stages of development. For more information, visit www.upsher-smith.com.
About the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
The National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA) promotes leadership, sharing, learning, and policy exchange among pharmacy leaders in all 50 states and Washington, DC, and provides education and advocacy to support pharmacists, patients, and communities working together to improve public health. NASPA was founded in 1927 as the National Council of State Pharmacy Association Executives (NCSPAE). For more information, please visit the NASPA Web site www.naspa.us.
SOURCE Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.