MAPLE GROVE, Minn., Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc. (Upsher-Smith) has partnered with the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA) to honor 43 pharmacists across the country with a 2015 NASPA Excellence in Innovation Award. These pharmacists were recognized for their outstanding contributions to the profession of pharmacy. The award is presented annually by NASPA and sponsored by Upsher-Smith.
The Excellence in Innovation Award recognizes qualified pharmacists who have improved patient care and/or advanced the pharmacy profession by making significant innovations in their practice, methods, or services. Participating state pharmacist associations present the award to their state's recipient.
"Upsher-Smith is proud to join NASPA in honoring these outstanding pharmacists for their innovative spirit and their dedication to advancing the profession," said Rusty Field, President of Upsher-Smith. "Our company was founded by a pharmacist, and we have a deep respect for the critical role pharmacists play in protecting and enhancing patient health. We are honored to recognize these awardees for their outstanding achievements."
2015 recipients include:
- Alabama: Frances Cohenour, PharmD
- Arizona: Martha Fankhauser, MS Pharm
- Arkansas: Taylor Franklin, PharmD
- California: Marcus Ferrone, PharmD
- Colorado: Amy Stump, PharmD
- Connecticut: Amy Kurzatkowski, RPh
- Delaware: Sandra Zaragoza, RPh
- Florida: Kevin Sneed, PharmD
- Georgia: Ashish Advani, PharmD
- Hawaii: Stephen Kozuma, RPh
- Illinois: Steve Hiemenz, RPh
- Indiana: John Hertig, PharmD
- Iowa: Ryan Jacobsen, PharmD
- Kansas: Merlin McFarland, RPh
- Kentucky: Matt Carrico, PharmD
- Louisiana: Nicholas LeBas, RPh
- Maine: Penobscot Community Health Center
- Maryland: Amy Nathanson, PharmD
- Massachusetts: Michele Matthews, PharmD
- Michigan: James Stevenson, PharmD
- Minnesota: Kristin Janke, PhD
- Mississippi: Daniel Riche, PharmD
- Missouri: Sara Nicolaus, PharmD
- Montana: Michael Matovich, RPh
- New Hampshire: TJ Parker, PharmD
- New Jersey: Chester Lau, RPh
- New Mexico: Craig Burgess, PharmD
- New York: Alfonse Muto, PharmD
- North Carolina: Amina Abubakar, PharmD
- North Dakota: Nathan Fleck, PharmD
- Ohio: David Hartzell, PharmD
- Oklahoma: Jackie Straughn, PharmD
- Oregon: Geoffrey L'Heureux, PharmD
- Pennsylvania: Jamie McConaha, PharmD
- Puerto Rico: Elizabeth Plaza-Rodriguez, RPh
- Rhode Island: Stephen Kogut, PhD, MBA, RPh
- South Carolina: Paul Fleming, PharmD
- Tennessee: W. Shannon McCool, DPh
- Washington: Marge McCoy, RPh & Rick McCoy, RPh
- Washington, DC: Jose Diaz-Luna, PharmD
- West Virginia: Leesa Marie Prunty, PharmD
- Wisconsin: Andy Pulvermacher, PharmD
- Wyoming: Lance Denning, PharmD
"We thank Upsher-Smith for supporting the Excellence in Innovation Award and for recognizing the critical work carried out by the awardees," said Rebecca Snead, Executive Vice President of NASPA. "Recipients of this award have demonstrated the highest level of professional achievement and innovation, and we are proud to partner with Upsher-Smith to honor their contributions to the profession of pharmacy and to America's patients."
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc., founded in 1919, is a growing, fully integrated pharmaceutical company dedicated to its mission of delivering high-value, high-quality therapies and solutions which measurably improve individuals' lives. As a family-owned pharmaceutical company, we are able to adapt and thrive in a dynamic healthcare environment. Our world is constantly evolving, and we are continually adapting to the ever-changing needs of patients, physicians, pharmacists, and healthcare organizations. Where there is a need, we will work to deliver solutions that simplify access to treatment, deliver better health outcomes, and enhance life. Upsher-Smith has a particular focus on developing therapies for people living with central nervous system (CNS) conditions, such as seizure disorders. For more information, visit www.upsher-smith.com.
About the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations
The National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations (NASPA), founded in 1927 as the National Council of State Pharmacy Association Executives, is dedicated to enhancing the success of state pharmacy associations in their efforts to advance the profession of pharmacy. NASPA's membership is comprised of state pharmacy associations and over 70 other stakeholder organizations. NASPA promotes leadership, sharing, learning, and policy exchange among its members and pharmacy leaders nationwide. For more information, please visit the NASPA Web site www.naspa.us.
SOURCE Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc.