MILTON KEYNES, England, August 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Customer-driven Development Enhances Access to Online Facilities Maintenance Management Platform
Urgent Technology today announced the release of its mobile application, eMaintenance+ Mobile. Developed in response to customer demand, the application gives users access to eMaintenance+, Urgent Technology's online facilities maintenance management platform, via an Apple or Android smart phone or mobile device.
The features in the initial release of eMaintenance+ Mobile are of immediate benefit to service engineers and site operators, although the application is designed to be used by all eMaintenance+ customer groups. eMaintenance+ Mobile gives users access to core eMaintenance+ functions, including viewing and updating existing tasks and recording asset downtime, whilst on the move.
eMaintenance+ Mobile is a powerful proposition for service engineers as it gives them the ability to manage tasks for multiple client accounts through a single instance of the application and a single login. A fully functional, multi-tenanted interface to eMaintenance+ enables service engineers to access task lists in real-time, locate and identify assets and respond to new jobs.
Urgent Technology's facilities maintenance management platform helps its customers drive continuous operational improvement and efficiencies. The mobile application is an essential tool for customers wishing to drive further efficiencies from their maintenance management operation, by speeding up the process of task management and contractor accreditation checks.
Key benefits of eMaintenance+ Mobile include:
- Processes map to any configured eMaintenance+ workflow.
- Complete transparency of when tasks are updated and by whom.
- Logs the GPS coordinates of the device used to manage tasks, thus recording the location of service engineers.
- Offline support when there is no network connection; updates made via the mobile application are synchronised with eMaintenance+ when a signal is restored.
- Access to comprehensive information relating to sites, tasks and assets. Service engineers can check store opening hours or locations, verify asset detail such as model, manufacturer and install date, access task detail, tasks progress and any associated notes or documents such as warranties and manuals.
"Our customer-driven product development encompasses the latest technologies, ensuring customers have access to functionality to meet their current and future demands. Our research revealed 30% of interactions with eMaintenance+ are via mobile devices, highlighting the need for a mobile application to make user access to the platform more efficient. Following the launch of eMaintenance+ Mobile we expect the number of mobile interactions to increase considerably," said Jesse Klebba, CEO, Urgent Technology.
eMaintenance+ Mobile is available to eMaintenance+ customers from early August 2016 for download from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Ends -
About Urgent Technology: Founded in 1997, with offices in the UK, USA and Australia, Urgent Technology is a leading provider of facilities maintenance and asset management software. Urgent Technology's software is used in over 30,000 sites across 16 countries. Urgent Technology is owned by Techniche Ltd, a global investor in profitable, innovative technology companies.
For further information, visit http://www.urgtech.com
SOURCE Urgent Technologies