NEW YORK, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
A Market Niche in Decline
In the years after 9-11, security at U.S. airports has increased with the addition of new screening technologies, more stringent traveler guidelines, and more bureaucratic oversight. Emphasis has been placed on what has been termed "a layered approach" to security. One such layer is the perimeter fencing surrounding U.S. airports and its associated security technologies intended to deter, delay, and alert a response of some kind. The following research reviews this U.S. niche market and offers an assessment of what to expect in years to come. Sizing this market was accomplished through estimates derived from state projects identified by the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Improvement Program.
- Airports are meeting perimeter security requirements through legacy technologies. Fences, gates, anti-vehicle barriers (AVB), and intrusion detection systems (IDS) make up the segments of a very limited market in the United States.
- Based on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Aviation Improvement Program (AIP), an estimated $X million dollars were distributed to airports for fence installations and repairs. Spending on security enhancements (such as cameras, sensors, gates, and bollards) is determined be $X million.
- The outlook for the U.S. airport perimeter security market is trending downward. The most significant aspects contributing to the downward trend are market saturation and lack of new technology.
- The most influential market drivers for U.S. airport perimeter security are terrorism and unlawful intrusions. Conversely, the most significant market restraints are the physical size and location of most airports, which make it difficult to provide adequate and effective perimeter security.
- Security enhancements show more promise of a future within the U.S. airport perimeter security market. Integrators are in the best position to capitalize in this niche market and should have liaisons with fencing companies.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the airport perimeter security market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies?
How will the structure of the airport perimeter security market change with time?
Are the perimeter security products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there
additional development needed?
Are security vendors in this space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to another level?
Table Of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Airport Perimeter Security Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Competitive Overview
- Airport Perimeter Control Segment Breakdown
- Security Enhancements Segment Breakdown
- The Last Word
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001