US Airways Employees Awarded More Than $260,000 For "Above And Beyond" Service
TEMPE, Ariz., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ten US Airways (NYSE: LCC) employees from Frankfurt, Germany to Tucson, Ariz. were awarded $10,000 each for providing exceptional service to customers through the airline's "Above & Beyond" program. An additional 350 employees of US Airways and its wholly owned subsidiary airlines, Piedmont and PSA, were also recognized through the program and received rewards for their service.
The "Above & Beyond" program recognizes employees who provide exceptional service to the airline's customers and fellow employees. The program allows US Airways' most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles Silver, Platinum, Gold and Chairman's Preferred members) and its leaders at the manager level and above to submit coupons recognizing employees for providing outstanding customer service in the air and on the ground. All coupons received from customers are entered in a drawing and each quarter US Airways awards:
- 10 employees $10,000 each;
- 100 employees $1,000 each; and
- 250 employees $250 each.
"Every day our 38,000 combined employees provide exceptional service to our customers," said US Airways' Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. "Through our 'Above & Beyond' program, every quarter we are able to reward those individuals who have gone the extra mile in assisting our customers or a fellow employee. These individuals are an integral part of US Airways' success and we are pleased to recognize their contributions."
Since launching the program in 2006, the airline has received more than 300,000 A&B coupons and has awarded nearly $7.3 million to more than 9,000 employees. US Airways congratulates the following fourth quarter $10K recipients:
- West Palm Beach, Fla. Airport Customer Service Agent: "Very nice and empathetic. Great representative of US Airways."
- Charlotte, N.C.-based Flight Attendant for PSA, a wholly owned subsidiary of US Airways: "Thank you for going above and beyond."
- Charlotte, N.C. -based Flight Attendant: "Outstanding flight attendant. Very efficient in all aspects of the job."
- Tampa, Fla. Airport Customer Service Agent: "Always great service."
- Philadelphia Fleet Service Agent: "Great job helping out a flight that was shorthanded."
- Washington, D.C.-based Flight Attendant: "Good job. Thank you."
- Tucson, Ariz. Airport Customer Service Agent: "Thank you for going above and beyond."
- Philadelphia Fleet Service Agent: "Agent helped on a flight that was not assigned to him."
- Frankfurt, Germany Customer Service Agent: "Very helpful getting us home."
- Kansas City, Mo. Fleet Service Agent: "Thank you for your team effort and assisting the Customer Service Agents."
About US Airways
US Airways, along with US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates more than 3,000 flights per day and serves 198 communities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Central and South America. The airline employs more than 32,000 aviation professionals worldwide, operates the world's largest fleet of Airbus aircraft and is a member of the Star Alliance network, which offers its customers more than 21,900 daily flights to 1,329 airports in 194 countries. Together with its US Airways Express partners, the airline serves approximately 80 million passengers each year and operates hubs in Charlotte, N.C., Philadelphia and Phoenix, and a focus city in Washington, D.C. at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Aviation Week and Overhaul & Maintenance magazine presented US Airways with the 2012 Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of the Year Award for demonstrating outstanding achievement and innovation in the area of technical operations. Military Times Edge magazine named US Airways as a Best of Vets employer in 2011 and 2012. US Airways was, for the third year in a row, the only airline included as one of the 50 best companies to work for in the U.S. by LATINA Style magazine's 50 Report. The airline also earned a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality index for six consecutive years. The Corporate Equality index is a leading indicator of companies' attitudes and policies toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees and customers. For more company information visit usairways.com, follow on Twitter @USAirways or at Facebook.com/USAirways. (LCCG)
-Fly With US-
SOURCE US Airways