TEMPE, Ariz., Aug. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A US Airways (NYSE: LCC) flight attendant won $10,000 after making a customer "feel at home" on a flight from Charlotte, N.C. to Mexico City earned her an entry into the airline's "Above and Beyond" employee recognition drawing. The employee took home a portion of the more than $260,000 that US Airways gives away each quarter to 360 employees. Nine additional employees also received a check for $10,000, including five reservations agents based in Winston-Salem, N.C. In November 2011, the airline returned 200 jobs previously handled outside of the United States to its call center in Winston-Salem, N.C.
The "Above & Beyond" program recognizes those US Airways employees who strive to deliver remarkable service to not only the airline's customers, but to fellow employees. The program allows US Airways' most frequent flyers (Dividend Miles Silver, Platinum, Gold and Chairman's Preferred members) and its employees at the manager level and above to submit coupons recognizing employees for providing excellent customer service in the air and on the ground. All coupons received are entered in a drawing and each quarter US Airways awards:
- 10 employees $10,000 each;
- 100 employees $1,000 each; and
- 250 employees $250 each.
"Our 'Above and Beyond' program spotlights our employees who take great care of our customers and also work hard each day to support their fellow colleagues," said US Airways' Chairman and CEO Doug Parker. "We take pride in recognizing these employees for a job well done. While many employees view their actions as 'simply doing their job,' we see it as going the extra mile to help us continue to run a great airline."
Since the program's inception in 2006, the airline has received more than 270,000 A&B coupons and has awarded nearly $6.5 million to more than 8,500 employees. US Airways congratulates the following $10,000 recipients. Below is a list of comments from managers and customers received during the second quarter drawing:
- Charlotte, N.C. flight attendant: "Had a great trip to Mexico City. The flight attendant was great and made me feel like I was home. Keep up the great work!"
- Winston-Salem, N.C. reservation-sales agent: "Thank you for excellent customer service."
- Winston-Salem, N.C. reservation-sales agent: "One of our station managers wanted to recognize your excellent customer service skills."
- Winston-Salem, N.C. reservation-sales agent: "Agent went out of their way to make the ticketing experience painless. You are great!"
- Winston-Salem, N.C. reservation-sales agent: "Thank you for taking such good care of our customer. Your customer service is much appreciated."
- Winston-Salem, N.C. reservation-sales agent: "You were incredibly helpful and friendly after a frustrating experience. Thank you."
- Phoenix reservation-service agent: "A class act – US Airways is lucky to have this agent on the team. Very helpful to me and my wife."
- Phoenix reservation-service agent: "Great service"
- Pittsburgh mechanic: "Thank you for your service and working to complete a repair."
- Philadelphia airport customer service agent: "Thank you for all you do for US Airways. The passengers recognized your excellence."
About US Airways US Airways, along with US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates nearly 3,200 flights per day and serves more than 200 communities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, the Middle East, the Caribbean, Central and South America. The airline employs more than 32,000 aviation professionals worldwide, operates the world's largest fleet of Airbus aircraft and is a member of the Star Alliance network, which offers its customers more than 21,500 daily flights to 1,356 airports in 193 countries. Together with its US Airways Express partners, the airline serves approximately 80 million passengers each year and operates hubs in Charlotte, N.C., Philadelphia and Phoenix, and a focus city in Washington, D.C. at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Aviation Week and Overhaul & Maintenance magazine presented US Airways with the 2012 Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) of the Year Award for demonstrating outstanding achievement and innovation in the area of technical operations. Military Times Edge magazine named US Airways as a Best of Vets employer in 2011 and 2012. US Airways was the only airline included as one of the 50 best companies to work for in the U.S. by LATINA Style magazine's 50 Report for 2010 and 2011. The airline also earned a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality index for six consecutive years. The Corporate Equality index is a leading indicator of companies' attitudes and policies toward lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees and customers. For more company information visit usairways.com, follow on Twitter @USAirways or at Facebook.com/USAirways. (LCCG)
-Fly With US-
SOURCE US Airways