WASHINGTON, March 8, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In advance of the March 15 primaries, the U.S. Census Bureau presents a variety of statistics that give an overall profile of each participating state's voting-age population and industries. Statistics include:
- Voting-age population and estimate of eligible voters (i.e., citizens age 18 and older).
- Breakdown of voting-age population by race and Hispanic origin.
- Selected economic characteristics, including median household income and poverty.
- Selected social characteristics, including educational attainment.
- County Business Patterns (providing information on employment by specific industries).
- Statistics on voting and registration.
Profiles are provided for the following states:
In addition, the Census Bureau is providing a similar profile for the District of Columbia, which holds a convention on March 12.
No news release associated with these reports. Tip Sheet only.
Public Information Office
Connect with us on Social media
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-census-bureau-demographic-and-economic-profiles-of-states-holding-march-15-primaries-300232715.html
SOURCE U.S. Census Bureau