NEW YORK, May 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
US DoD 2017 Budget Assessment : Maintaining the Status Quo
This research service focuses on the United States Department of Defense (DoD) budget spending categories, including research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E); procurement; operations and maintenance (O&M); and services. The intent of this study is to indicate which segments of products and services the DoD has emphasized in the budget request so that firms can invest in these priority areas. Contract activity for the US DoD for 2015 is also included. The 2017 budget is comprised of spending plans for the Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force, and Joint Service. The base year for financial spending is 2015, and the market forecast is from 2015 to 2021.
-The 2017 United States Department of Defense (DoD) budget request is $ billion, including $ billion in base funds and $ billion in overseas contingency operations (OCO) funds. This is an increase of $ billion over the 2016 request.
- The DoD continues to encourage program, financial, and administrative efficiencies; sequestration legislation and congressional negotiations have not been addressed.
- The procurement request is $ billion. Operations and maintenance (O&M) is the largest category and has a budget of $ billion.
- Research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E) spending was increased to $ billion. The construction request is $ billion.
- The Air Force will have the largest share of funding in 2017, collectively at $ billion.
- Classified programs, healthcare, ship and aircraft depot maintenance, base operations support, special operations forces, Virginia Class submarines, and the F-35 are the leading programs.
- In fiscal year (FY) 2015, the DoD awarded $ billion to over prime contractors. Lockheed Martin continued as the top firm with $ billion in new prime contracts.
- Of the 2015 contracts awarded, % went to the top firms, while the top firms cornered % of the contracts.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading market drivers and restraints?
- What are the top programs for the 2017 defense market?
- Which market segments will have spending growth?
- Which companies are leading the market?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03858937-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-dod-2017-budget-assessment-300275803.html