LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Health related issues are growing rapidly all over the world making healthcare a major issue of concern.
The healthcare spending in the United States is far greater than other countries. Currently, the United States has one of the highest per capita expenditure on healthcare with estimates suggesting that by 2020 the US will spend approximately 28% of its GDP on healthcare.
Here are some key findings of the study:
· Health problems are fuelled by poverty, aging population and obesity in both developed and developing societies.
· As the economies grow and global disposable incomes rise, individuals demand better care and advanced medical interventions. Thus, the pace of growth in global health care spending, particularly in developing nations, is expected to accelerate rapidly for the foreseeable future.
· The increasing value that people place on social media and advertisements has brought about the integration of marketing and healthcare in the recent past.
· Healthcare corporations are increasing their expenditure on advertising through various channels like, television, print ads, social media, detailing, etc. and there is a shift of healthcare brands putting more money into the digital space.
Key Healthcare Segments analyzed in this report:
· Pharmaceutical (small molecule drugs) Market, Biopharmaceutical Market, Vaccines Market and Over-the-Counter (OTC) Drugs Market in the United States.
· For each of the healthcare segments, the report provides the share of various advertising channels such as detailing, sampling, Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), mailing/e-mailing, print advertising, etc.
The report finds that detailing represents the most preferred mode of promotion across all the healthcare segments.
The healthcare market in the United States comprises of major players:
· Johnson & Johnson
· Merck & Co.
All these pharmaceutical corporations spend a large amount of their earnings on promotions and advertising of their drugs and healthcare products.
The study, which is based both on desk research and multiple waves of qualitative primary research, is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists and all those who are planning to foray into US healthcare advertising market in any manner.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-healthcare-forecast-to-spend-28-of-gdp-by-2020-300458029.html