WASHINGTON, June 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. News & World Report today announced that Michael Porter, world renowned Harvard Business School professor and author of "Redefining Health Care," will deliver the opening keynote address at the U.S. News Hospital of Tomorrow conference, taking place October 6-8, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
The second annual Hospital of Tomorrow conference, which will focus on Reinventing Health Care, brings together the nation's top health care leaders – medical experts, hospital executives, policymakers, insurers and industry analysts – to explore the critical problems facing America's hospitals and health care systems.
Professor Porter is the Bishop William Lawrence University Professor at Harvard Business School and one of the world's leading authorities on business strategy and health care reform. At the Hospital of Tomorrow conference, he will be joined by a distinguished group of speakers, including:
- Elizabeth Nabel, M.D., President, Brigham & Women's Health Care
- Kenneth Davis, M.D., President and CEO, Mount Sinai Health System
- Gregory Sorensen, M.D., CEO, Siemens Healthcare North America
- Carl Armato, President and CEO, Novant Health
- Esther Dyson, Chairman, EDventure Holdings
- Kaveh Safavi, M.D., Global Managing Director, Health Industry, Accenture
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- Sandra Fenwick, President and CEO, Boston Children's Hospital
- Gerard van Grinsven, President and CEO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America
- Michael Tarwater, CEO, Carolinas HealthCare System
- Andrew Sussman, M.D., President of MinuteClinic and Senior Vice President and Associate Chief Medical Officer, CVS Caremark
- Brad Kimler, Executive Vice President, Fidelity Investments
- Stefan Linn, Senior Vice President, Strategy & Global Product Management, IMS Health
- Joel Allison, CEO, Baylor Health Care System and Baylor Scott & White Health
- Robert Garrett, President and CEO, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Stephen K. Klasko, M.D., President and CEO, Thomas Jefferson University and TJU Hospital System
- Michael R. Williams, D.O., M.D., President, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Robert L. Satcher, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Mark G. Kris, M.D., William and Joy Ruane Chair in Thoracic Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Professor of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College
- Kelvin Baggett, M.D., Chief Clinical Officer and Senior Vice President of Clinical Operations, Tenet Healthcare
- Scott T. Weiss, M.D., Scientific Director, Partners HealthCare Personalized Medicine; Physician, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Robin Henderson, Psy.D., Chief Behavioral Health Officer and Vice President of Strategic Integration, St. Charles Health System
- Fauzia Khan, M.D., Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Alere Analytics
- Richard Kimball, Chief Strategy and Growth Officer, Accretive Health
"Hospitals and health care systems are undergoing a dramatic transformation," said Brian Kelly, Editor and Chief Content Officer of U.S. News & World Report. "At our Hospital of Tomorrow conference, we're looking forward to hearing from experts like Michael Porter and Elizabeth Nabel, who are at the forefront of reinventing health care in America."
"In health care, the days of business as usual are over. It is time for a fundamental new strategy taking into account the value of health care to the patient," said Michael Porter. "Opportunities such as the Hospital of Tomorrow conference allow for extensive dialogue amongst health care leaders to develop solutions and strategies to impact the many health care challenges we face in this country. I look forward to contributing to this discussion."
The Hospital of Tomorrow breakout sessions will focus on the Next Generation of ACOs; Private Health Insurance Exchanges; the Transformation of Medical Schools; Moving from Volume to Value, and other vital health care issues. For more information about the topics, agenda, and registration, please visit http://usnewshospitaloftomorrow.com/.
Media interested in attending the Hospital of Tomorrow should contact U.S. News & World Report's Lucy Lyons (email@example.com), 202-955-2155. Follow the conversation on Twitter via @USNHOT and by using the hashtag #USNHOT.
About U.S. News Hospital of Tomorrow
U.S. News Hospital of Tomorrow, produced by U.S. News and World Report, brings together the country's top hospital and health care system executives, experts and thought leaders, with the goal of providing best and next practices to hospitals to maintain the highest standards of care and equip them for success during uncertain times. The second annual event will be held in Washington, D.C., October 6 – 8, 2014.
About U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is a multi-platform publisher of news and analysis, which includes the digital-only U.S. News Weekly magazine, www.usnews.com and www.rankingsandreviews.com. Focusing on Health, Personal Finance, Education, Travel, Cars and Public Service/Opinion, U.S. News has earned a reputation as the leading provider of service news and information that improves the quality of life of its readers. U.S. News & World Report's signature franchise includes its News You Can Use® brand of journalism and its annual "Best" series of consumer Web guides and publications that include rankings of colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, mutual funds, health plans and more.
SOURCE U.S. News & World Report