MCLEAN, Va., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY, a multi-platform news and information company, announced today the launch of the USA TODAY BROADWAY'S BEST app, its first mobile app dedicated to the Tony Awards. The app, presented by American Airlines, is an opportunity for fans to connect instantly to the latest news and information about Broadway's biggest night no matter where they are.
The USA TODAY BROADWAY'S BEST app allows users to:
- Have an instant connection to the up-to-the-minute news and features around the Tony Awards
- Read reviews of Broadway productions by USA TODAY theater critic Elysa Gardner
- Meet the Tony Awards nominees in the top 14 categories
- Buy tickets to Broadway productions
- See photos from the top plays, musicals and performances
- View videos from the top plays, musicals, performances and Broadway stars, like Lilla Crawford from "Annie"
- Follow what the biggest names in Broadway are saying through social media
- Play along by making your picks for winners in the top categories, share your ballot and see how others are voting
"The USA TODAY BROADWAY'S BEST app is a perfect opportunity for theater fans all over the country to get an exclusive mobile experience that will feel like you're backstage at Broadway's biggest awards show," said Larry Kramer, president and publisher of USA TODAY. "This is another example how USA TODAY is committed to delivering the latest news and information where and how consumers want it."
The USA TODAY BROADWAY'S BEST app, available for iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® is available now on the App Store℠. Download the app here.
USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY, the nation's number one newspaper in print circulation with an average of more than 1.7 million daily, and USATODAY.com, an award-winning news website launched in 1995, reach a combined six million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 17 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY