MCLEAN, Va., July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY Travel Media Group has announced the launch of Experience Cruise, the second in a series of Experience Travel products designed to provide travel planning tools and information to help travelers make the most of their trip by giving them information personalized to fit their lifestyle. The site, found at ExperienceCruise.USATODAY.com, launches today with Norwegian Cruise Line as the exclusive sponsor.
Experience Cruise offers cruise line, regional and port information collected by experts along with extensive cruise planning information. The sites features "best of" recommendations based on traveler types: Adventurer, Entertain Me, Family, Foodie, Luxury Lover, Romantic, and Wallet Watcher.
"Experience Cruise is a terrific addition to the Experience Travel series and offers everything you need to know when booking a cruise. USA TODAY has always been a leader in providing travelers with information and we want Experience Cruise to be the go-to destination for cruise information. We are proud to have Norwegian Cruise Line as our exclusive launch partner," said John Peters, president of the USA TODAY Travel Media Group.
Experience Cruise includes:
- 50 overviews of ocean and river cruise lines
- Seven defined cruise traveler types with 44 recommendations of cruise lines based on those traveler types
- Six types of cruises described - megaships, mid to large ships, small ships, river ships, sailing ships and expedition ships
- 18 overviews of the world's most popular cruise regions
- 63 detailed descriptions of nine of the most popular cruise destinations/itineraries, focusing on what appeals to each traveler type
- 50 ports around the world presented by traveler type along with more than 1,000 recommendations for what to do in ports
- "Best of" recommendations including: a comprehensive gallery on the best suites at sea, ways to add romance to your voyage, best ships for kids under the age of 3, best ships for families with teens, best specialty restaurants, best shows, and more
- 21 Cruise 101 "how to" tips including: how to budget, how to choose a cabin, what to reserve in advance, how to assess cruise loyalty programs, what to know when booking reunion and group cruises
USA TODAY Travel Media Group launched the first in the Experience Travel series, Experience Las Vegas, in April. Additional Experience Travel themes will launch over the next several months including: Food and Wine, Caribbean, Ski, Beach, and Florida.
USA TODAY is a multi-platform news and information media company. Founded in 1982, USA TODAY's mission is to serve as a forum for better understanding and unity to help make the USA truly one nation. Through its unique visual storytelling, USA TODAY delivers high-quality and engaging content across print, digital, social and video platforms. An innovator of news and information, USA TODAY reflects the pulse of the nation and serves as the host of the American conversation – today, tomorrow and for decades to follow. USA TODAY and USATODAY.com reach a combined six million readers daily. USA TODAY is a leader in mobile applications with more than 17 million downloads on mobile devices. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY