The six new digital wallet features include:
- Virtual access to cards – Members now can see their full card number and information in their digital wallet. In addition, they can use their card information at point of sale even if they left their physical card at home.
- Auto insurance ID card – Members can access their proof of insurance, including a printable PDF for insured vehicles.
- Medicare Supplement ID Card – Members can also access their Medicare insurance information through their digital wallet.
- Mobile payments – Samsung Pay recently became available for all USAA Visa and American Express debit and credit cards. This provides an additional mobile payment choice as USAA members already had access to Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Security features – If members lose their physical wallet or card, they can easily block their cards, report them lost, order a replacement, check on any unauthorized transactions and even get a status on when the new card will arrive in the mail.
- Common card services – Activate one or multiple cards, create or update a PIN and view declined transactions.
These new USAA digital wallet features were developed based on data about which services members used most often.
"Our goal is to continually improve upon and develop the digital wallet to serve our members' ever-changing mobile needs," said Advani. "We'll continue to bring banking services to our members in the platforms they choose, including those outside of our own app."
The USAA family of companies provides insurance, banking, investments, retirement products and advice to 11.8 million current and former members of the U.S. military and their families. Known for its legendary commitment to its members, USAA is consistently recognized for outstanding service, employee well-being and financial strength. USAA membership is open to all who are serving our nation in the U.S. military or have received a discharge type of Honorable – and their eligible family members. Founded in 1922, USAA is headquartered in San Antonio. For more information about USAA, follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@USAA), or visit usaa.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usaa-adds-six-new-features-to-digital-wallet-300369514.html