WABAN, Mass., June 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- USAA earned the highest score in the Temkin Customer Service Ratings for the fifth year in a row. Its banking business earned the only excellent rating (81%), while its insurance, and credit card businesses tied with Mercedes-Benz for the second highest rating of 77%. These Ratings evaluate the customer service of 295 companies across 20 industries based on a study of 10,000 U.S. consumers.
Following USAA and Mercedes-Benz at the top of the ratings are Publix, ACE Rent A Car, credit unions, Trader Joe's, and HomeAway. Four TV/Internet service providers are at the bottom of the Temkin Customer Service Ratings: Cablevision, Cox Communications, Comcast, and Time Warner Cable. The next lowest rated companies (all with ratings below 43%) are BCBS of Florida, AT&T, Sprint, Days Inn, Anthem, Dish Network, and Aetna.
"While USAA continues to be the gold standard of customer service, TV & Internet service providers are the poster children for horrible customer service," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
Here are some additional highlights from the 2017 Temkin Customer Service Ratings:
- Supermarkets topped the ratings with an average score of 66% followed by investment firms at 64%. At the other end of the ratings, TV/Internet service providers earned the lowest average ratings of 36%, while the next lowest industry is health plans at 48%.
- These companies earned ratings of 15 points or more above their industry averages: AOL, USAA (for it banking, insurance, and credit cards business), Mercedes-Benz, ACE Rent A Car.
- Days Inn earned a rating that was 22 points below the hotel industry average. Airbnb, Kmart, and Spirit Airlines also fell 15 points or more below their peers.
- All 19 industries that are in both the 2016 and 2017 ratings increased over the previous year (streaming media is new this year). Four industries had double-digit increases: utilities, rental cars & transport, TV & appliances, auto dealers, and airlines.
- Chevrolet dealers jumped 40 points between 2016 and 2017, leading these other firms that increased by more than 25 points: Lowe's, Blackboard, USAA, credit unions, DHL, Costco, and Mercedes-Benz.
- Eight companies dropped by more than 10 points over the previous year: Delta Airlines, Sonic Drive-In, Wendy's, Rite Aid, Allstate, Days Inn, Barclaycard, and Wells Fargo.
In its seventh year of publication, the 2017 Temkin Customer Service Ratings evaluates 295 companies across these 20 industries: Computers & Tablets, Insurance, Investments, Credit Cards, Health Plans, TV/Internet Service, Streaming Media, Wireless, Airlines, Hotels & Rooms, Retailers, Fast Food, Rental Cars & Transport, Supermarkets, Parcel Delivery, TV & Appliances, Auto Dealers, Software Firms, and Utilities.
The 2017 Customer Service Ratings, along with Temkin Group's other ratings, can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed datasets for the 2017 Temkin Customer Service Ratings can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys, and Temkin Group accelerates their results by combining customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of organizational dynamics. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building up four core competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email to email@example.com.
*Customer experience matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usaa-and-mercedes-benz-earn-top-customer-service-scores-in-new-temkin-group-research-300476110.html
SOURCE Temkin Group