WABAN, Mass., July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- For the third straight year, USAA took the top spot in the Temkin Web Experience Ratings. Based on a study of 10,000 U.S. consumers, the 2016 Temkin Web Experience Ratings examine 257 companies across 20 industries. USAA earned the top spot for its banking business, followed by Regions Bank and Amazon.com tied for the second spot.
USAA was also in the top 10 with its insurance and credit card businesses, along with Amazon Kindle business, Capital One 360, QVC, TD Bank, and credit unions.
Health Net earned the lowest Temkin Web Experience Ratings followed by Comcast (TV service and Internet service), Days Inn, Fujitsu, Compaq, Motel 6, Medicaid, Cox Communications, and Charter Communications.
"USAA continues to define a high standard for excellent online experience," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
Additional highlights of the 2016 Temkin Web Experience Ratings include:
- Across all six years of the ratings, either USAA or Amazon.com has earned the top spot.
- Banks led all industries in the ratings, earning the only average rating of "strong," while TV service providers and Internet service providers earned "very weak" ratings.
- Amazon.com most outperformed its peers in two industries; its Temkin Web Experience Ratings are 19 points above the average for both retailers and the computers & tablets industry average. These additional firms were at least 10 points above their industry averages: USAA (insurance and banking), QVC, Kaiser Permanente, AOL, Holiday Inn Express, Georgia Power, Courtyard By Marriott, Regions Bank, and Samsung.
- Days Inn fell 24 points below the average for hotels and nine other firms were 15 or more points below their industry average: Compaq, Motel 6, HSBC, Fujitsu, Spirit Airlines, Super 8, American Family, Health Net, and US Airways.
- We compared the results between 2015 and 2016 and found that seven companies improved by at least 10 points: O'Reilly Auto Parts, Advantage Rent-A-Car, Blackboard, Dollar General, H-E-B, Intuit, and Sam's Club.
- 10 companies declines at least 10 points between 2015 and 2016: Rite Aid, US Airways, Ross, Bed Bath & Beyond, Stop & Shop, Trader Joe's, JC Penney, Fidelity Investments, Apple, and Fujitsu.
- Only four industries improved over the last year, rental cars, wireless carriers, software firms, and Internet service providers. Three industries dropped by three points: computers & tablets, retailers, and auto dealers.
In its sixth year of publication, the 2016 Web Experience Ratings examines the likelihood of consumers to forgive companies across 20 industries: airlines, auto dealers, banks, computer and tablet makers, credit card issuers, fast food chains, health plans, hotel chains, insurance carriers, Internet service providers, investment firms, major appliance makers, parcel delivery services, rental car agencies, retailers, software firms, supermarket chains, TV service providers, utilities, and wireless carriers.
The 2016 Web Experience Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed datasets can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usaa-regions-and-amazoncom-deliver-the-best-online-experience-according-to-new-temkin-group-research-300296858.html
SOURCE Temkin Group