USA's Most Expensive Hotel Located in Montana
PHILIPSBURG, Mont., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Ranch at Rock Creek, located close to the historic mining town of Philipsburg, Montana, is the most expensive hotel in the USA. That's according to a recent survey conducted by Luxury-Hotels.com. The survey specifically compared luxury hotels in the USA for the period spanning June through September 2012.
In order to stay at the Ranch at Rock Creek over the extended summer season, travelers had to spend an average of $2279 per night. And even at that price they had to stay in the most affordable double room.
Coming in as the second most expensive accommodation was the Point Resort. Situated within the boundaries of the Adirondack Park, this hotel hideaway is seven miles from Lake Placid. An average overnight rate of $1848 put the Point Resort securely in the survey's number two spot. Completing the top three was Bush Creek Ranch, located in South Central Wyoming's North Platte River Valley, with an average rate of $1770 per night.
Montana proved the priciest state overall with two more hotels snagging spots in the Top 10 list. The Firehole Ranch in West Yellowstone and the Resort at Paws Up, in the Blackfoot Valley came in at number six and number 10 respectively, with average rates of $1414 and $1021 for a standard double room.
Following are the 10 most expensive hotels in the USA for the period spanning June through September 2012. The rates listed reflect the average daily price for a standard double room.
- The Ranch at Rock Creek (Philipsburg, Montana) $2279
- The Point (Lake Placid, New York) $1848
- Brush Creek Ranch (Saratoga, Wyoming) $1770
- Twin Farms (Barnard, Vermont) $1698
- Mii Amo (Sedona, Arizona) $1560
- Firehole Ranch (West Yellowstone, Montana) $1414
- Amangiri (Canyon Point, Utah) $1284
- Auberge du Soleil (Rutherford, California) $1085
- The Villa by Barton G (Miami Beach, Florida) $1056
- The Resort at Paws Up (Greenough, Montana) $1021
For the full rankings of the survey, and for more information about its methodology, visit http://www.luxury-hotels.com/press/survey-usa-2012.html
Press Contact: Barbara Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 1-805-308-9660